Tinsreef 2.0

tinman

i always had good luck getting acros from sawdonkey
I’ll second this one, even though I’ve only been to Sawdonkey’s once.
yes, Gunner is super awesome, his tank is a sight to watch :)
i have a few guys in mind ill be sticking to get my acros from ......

i know its a little fast but the plan is to get the tank populated by end of the month and leave it on its way just doing water changes

tinman

Phos. hanging at
94 ppb 0.288 ppm

added some Chaeto and other types of macro so should go down

Funlad3

Phos. hanging at
94 ppb 0.288 ppm

added some Chaeto and other types of macro so should go down
Macro will definitely bring it right down. I made the mistake of not testing daily when I added a bunch and let it strip my water in three days.

tinman

Macro will definitely bring it right down. I made the mistake of not testing daily when I added a bunch and let it strip my water in three days.
yep thats the plan
i plan on keeping the macro as is though .. gives me chance to heavy feed

Sawdonkey

Premium member
How are you bringing PO4 down? I just got home after basically not being here for three months. PO4 was at .36 on Sunday and with a bit of lanthanam and GFO, I have it down to .14.

tinman

How are you bringing PO4 down? I just got home after basically not being here for three months. PO4 was at .36 on Sunday and with a bit of lanthanam and GFO, I have it down to .14.
lol not easy for your tank size Gunner .. i basically did a 40 gallon water change on a 60 gallon system .. and then threw in a bunch of macro with light running 24 hours .. ( at least 5-6 kinds in it) thanks to @Unico and @GugsJr

once Phos comes under control ill cut back on the light hours

i could run GFO but that territory is not well known for me ..

tinman

with another 50% water change
Phos now at
49 ppb 0.150 ppm

good thing is its holding the level if i dont over feed .. once macro kicks in it should be good to go in the next day or two ..

Sawdonkey

Premium member
with another 50% water change
Phos now at
49 ppb 0.150 ppm

good thing is its holding the level if i dont over feed .. once macro kicks in it should be good to go in the next day or two ..
Where is the PO4 coming from? Do you have new dry rock?

tinman

Where is the PO4 coming from? Do you have new dry rock?
no Gunner ..
but i havent done a water change in over 1.5 years or so and constantly feeding fish pellet food on a feeder, never checked any params.

when i decided to move back to sps ..i expected phos and nitrates to have messed up .. completely cleaned off sump and removed sand and did 3 x 100% water changes.
and then checked all params, phos was over the limit and then on doing water changes checking everyday .. i think the rock soaked up all phos and is now leeching .. but prolly done leeching now.. its not going up at-least .. its staying same ..

ill check one more time tomm if it increases again, ill add GFO. Macro and GFO should take care of the leech

tinman

ohk ...
Nitrates have been in range -- 2-5 ppm
Phos has been gaining at a constant 0.035 ppm per day and at 0.184 PPM

should i use GFO to take care of that slight gain everyday or would macro kick in at somepoint and take care of it ?

below 0.2ppm is ok for corals i think but above that and sps might start to suffer.

dvanlier05

I just use chaeto in my 120. My fuge is 13"x18" and 10"deep FULL of it and I stay around 0.03-0.05. I have an auto feeder go off 3 times a day with pellets and I feed 1 cube of mysis and flake and 1/2 a sheet of nori a day.
Not sure how much room you have for ur fuge and how much effect it will make. GFO is definitely more effective for smaller setups

tinman

I just use chaeto in my 120. My fuge is 13"x18" and 10"deep FULL of it and I stay around 0.03-0.05. I have an auto feeder go off 3 times a day with pellets and I feed 1 cube of mysis and flake and 1/2 a sheet of nori a day.
Not sure how much room you have for ur fuge and how much effect it will make. GFO is definitely more effective for smaller setups
Yep
Ill check tomm and see
I probably wont run gfo long term and would depend on macro .. lets see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tinman

Looks like i underestimated gfo

Phos level dropped to -0.09 in one day
Nitrate - 2-3 ppm
Alk 8.7

Good to go :)

Will be removing gfo tomm and will add back as and when required

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk