To LED or not to LED

Raising Reefs

Premium Sponsor
I have the evergrow 120w LED 30 whites and 20 blues dimmable. I also have a 250 watt HQI 14k Iris bulb and like the color on that bulb much better. There are advantages and disadvantages of both.

gomery12

ET Radion, got growth with sps, color, programmable. low profile. love it. and it is connected with the mp's. yes it's pricey but worth the money imo. (if it's about the money then your in the wrong hobby, I'm in two Just Empty Every Pocket)

searle832003

I run two AI Sol Super blues and grow everything. I have more spa than anything and have great growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloomingdale

I have an LED setup via ELOS and it seems to work pretty well but I cannot seem to keep Acropora alive. Any suggestions? Do I need to supplement with Metal Halide or t5?

wld1783

I have an LED setup via ELOS and it seems to work pretty well but I cannot seem to keep Acropora alive. Any suggestions? Do I need to supplement with Metal Halide or t5?
Not all LEDs are the same.

Cree X Series with 300-600 PAR works very well with SPS.

Thats about 45 LEDs @ 700mA each with optics to cover 24"x24"

Bill

I love love love led's! They can color up and grow all coral as long as they are the high powered diodes. spectrum is more important than par in my opinion.