Too Many Frag Swaps?

Why do you attend the events? Do you go for speakers or are you just looking for a good deal?
I attend them in hopes of seeing some cool stuff that I might not normally get to see. As well as I feel it is a really good way to get someone into the hobby. I took my girlfriend with me to Aquashella, let her choose one or two, and now she is a lot more into the hobby with me.

ReefFanatic

I personally love the shows - small or large. It is a good opportunity to not only get some quality coral, but to also interact with others in the hobby. It gives me a monthly social event if anything. More times than not, I leave empty handed because I don't have the space in the tank..

The Chicago area was lucky enough to have 3 aquarium events since August starting with Aquashella, then then Aquatium Extravaganza and then the midwest aquatic convention last weekend. Next year there is likely to be at least 4 events. Do you think there are too many events? What makes you want to attend the events?
There were 4 Events since Aquashella

Aquashella
Harvest Frag Fest
Aquarium Extravaganza
Midwest Aquatic Convention

The Chicago area was lucky enough to have 3 aquarium events since August starting with Aquashella, then then Aquatium Extravaganza and then the midwest aquatic convention last weekend. Next year there is likely to be at least 4 events. Do you think there are too many events? What makes you want to attend the events?
No, I do not think there are too Many.

Michigan had 12 Swaps this Year and Growing
Illinois only had 6 Shows

And there are alot more People in Chicago than Detroit.

If anything Chicago should have more shows than Michigan yet Michigan has 12 and looks like there will be more Next Year.

Why do you attend the events? Do you go for speakers or are you just looking for a good deal?
I attend to get Corals that I cannot get elsewhere.

Stores tend to have Garbage near me.

Great if you want

Xenia
Green Star Polyp
Common Ugly Mushrooms
Common Ugly Zoanthids
etc.

If any of the Corals my LFS has that are at the swap they are two or three times the price.

I have gotten Acros at Swaps for $10 to $20 that were $40 to $60 at my LFS.

Price doesn't matter though.

What matters is I get Collector Corals that I cannot get at Stores.