Triton Water Test?

adam87

You obviously run a tight ship with all your params. I thought you had mostly delicate SPS across the board. The ailments do not seem to correlate between delicate vs hardier species. Quite a bit of contrast between a Duncan, Acan and a Monti all having problems while some delicate acros are doing well.

Perhaps, you can do a dip on one or two different specimens. You could loose them because of their weakened state. However, you may find something in the dip water before it spreads further.

In any case, Best of luck. Please tell us what you find.
I test my water everyday, manly Alk. I'm just sad that I can't keep most corals happy. I'm been reefing since 2004, so I have alot of knowledge but I just can't get the tank right for some reason.

madjoe

Premium member
Almost does soumd like maybe a tab bit to clean just going of the coral list bad and good most the ones in bad dont like clean water while the acros do .

adam87

Almost does soumd like maybe a tab bit to clean just going of the coral list bad and good most the ones in bad dont like clean water while the acros do .
I'm thinking that too Joe, that's why for now I'm stopping the GFO. I stop using ROX after a large SPS RTN on me.

SkullV

I'm thinking that too Joe, that's why for now I'm stopping the GFO. I stop using ROX after a large SPS RTN on me.
ROX is something I would consider bringing back online as it shouldn't have much to do with the nutrient issue high or low. What ROX (or any good activated carbon) will do is absorb toxins and other chemical contaminants that may or may not show up on the triton test. I would also hesitate to pull anything and dip it. There is no coral pest I can think of that would affect all of the corals in the bad list and none of the corals in the good list. It would certainly put totally unnecessary stress on corals that don't need it.

How are your lights hung? Are they attached to the tank with a metal rack by chance? Stray current from black box LEDs has been known to make it down to display tanks via metal hanging kits, metal mounting racks, and salt creep.

adam87

Did a WC last night and put ROX back online. I use conduits to hang my lights and they are attached to the tank stand.