uh ohhhh white spots all over

epaulette2

after dipping the fish the ich parisites die. i found out i used ich attack thats the name of the stuff i dosed with. but my fish still have some spots on them. do i dip them again or wait a little longer to see if they go away?

BADGUS

The ich that gets attached is usually under the fish's skin and nothing will kill it without killing the fish,so the best thing to do is feed it more and strengthen the fish's immune system.Alot of ich will actually die by dipping the fish,but that ich is probably just not fully attached yet,so that's why you will still see some spots on the fish after dipping.I ended up doing 10weeks of hyposalinity on my F.O tank and am happy to say that all remaining fish show zero ich.

quarantine quarantine quarantine.... I tried every method possible when I got it the only thing that works is to get them out. It sucks but maybe you will like the new scape when you are done good luck and sorry to hear about this

FishBeard

quarantine quarantine quarantine.... I tried every method possible when I got it the only thing that works is to get them out. It sucks but maybe you will like the new scape when you are done good luck and sorry to hear about this
If you have room, an aqua medic fish trap is a godsend, and worth every penny. I managed to capture 4 fish in under an hour my first time using it. Just use the best bait in your arsenal in the feeding tube. This would be a way easier method than tearing down the whole tank.

TotalPetsPlus

i just got ich in my tank after adding yellow tang. it was covered in white spots, i used half the recommend dosage of kordons ich attack for a day in my reef tank. next day turned the skimmer back on dosed with vodka and changed 5 gals on my 125 gal tank.
used about 2 tablespoons of ginger root ground up in the blender with tank water. I poured the ginger root into tank every other day for a week. NO MORE ICH