Visited Old Orchard Aquarium yesterday

rmklasen

Dropped by here today. Great place. I dealt with a rude and somewhat condescending employee during my first visit, but I gave it another chance. Everyone else I've dealt with since then has been helpful and friendly. Love the saltwater pond near the entrance.

jcarlilesiu

We really like this store, however there is one employee that has a pretty smug attitude. I won't name any names **cough**owner**cough** but other than that the store is full of knowledgeable and helpful employees.

Compared to a few other stores we go to, sometimes the questions we ask seem to get response more about pushing the product than giving us the straight facts. I really like stores that will say "that isn't the best animal for you at this time" and I don't think they are really in the business of providing that kind of guidance.

Other than that, they have a great selection, alot of stock, and fairly reasonable prices.

Pufferpunk

I really like stores that will say "that isn't the best animal for you at this time"
LOL, my LFS always tells me I couldn't work for them because I'd never sell any fish & tell everyone they're too stupid to keep fish.

Bwidner

We really like this store, however there is one employee that has a pretty smug attitude. I won't name any names **cough**owner**cough**
Fully agree, used to go there prob 10 years ago when I first got into the hobby and he was the same, every time I went in there.....but then this last time(maybe because it was about closing time idk)he was actually very nice and I ended up standing around for a good 20 minutes chatting with him. I would have to say this is my LFS of preference for fish.

poidog

This store is what got me in the hobby... but a rarely go in now.

prices are astronomical... almost double anywhere else and overnight shipping should be cheaper than buying here.

the poor SPS tank is nothing but bleached, browned, and dying SPS.

1/2 the employees don't know what they're talking about. My neighbor went in, needed filters for his FW tank, the guy (who shall not be named) said these are the ones you need guaranteed, sold them... They weren't right, so my neighbor went back the next day, went to the same guy and wouldn't exchange them without his receipt even though he knew exactly who he was from the day before! very bogus.

I asked way back when the vortech MP10 came out and the owner said they'd never carry echotech cause their customer service was horrible I've had 3 warranty issues with ecotech and the customer service was nothing short of spectacular. As of recently they now carry echotech. My guess is they couldn't jack the prices way up on them, since echotech controls the prices, that's why they never carried them

Lancey

Was here on the 1st of July 2011 and the customer service was umm lacking. It was lacking to me at least i noticed everyone else entering being asked if they needed help its almost like they avoided me. I have a good idea why. When a guy actually came my way to see if i needed anything after i had been there awhile he just looked at me like he was expecting me to ask him for help. Its funny how later when i spent over a hundred dollars they seem to have more "customer service". Good customer service to all people regardless of their ( you fill in the blank ) goes along way .