Water change stations

Darienreefs7

Hmm maybe I'll post pictures of mine.No buckets required.constantly have 35g of sw and 35g of rodi available at the turn of some valves right info my sump and ato. Even my water changes are bucketless lol. Lots on here and seen it.
Do it!

snelly98

Fish room so far. 55g quartine. 2 45g brutes one rodi one salt. Can pump from one to the other can top off or do water change on at. Also line going to DT sump and a to for top off and water change. I found an awesome outlet that works from a key fob that let's me turn pump on or off from upstairs or up to 80' away $20 at Lowes.

Raising Reefs

Premium Sponsor
Darien everthing looks great. I have my ATO and water change station in my basement and display tank upstairs. I pump my water upstairs, this makes it really convenient.

Last edited:

Darienreefs7

Darien everthing looks great. I have my ATO and water change station in my basement and display tank upstairs. I pump my water upstairs, this makes it really convenient.
Thanks. I'm still trying to find an external pump so that way I can do automatic water changes. Trying to simplify everything. If you don't mind showing some pics of your set up?

Raising Reefs

Premium Sponsor
I will try to get some later. I use pressure pumps, Blueline 40 HD for ATO and a Coralife Turbo Sea 1740 for the water change. I want to say both pumps were made by the same company and works great, almost too much pressure. You can find them used on the forums since people are ditching them for quieter pumps. However they are the only type of pumps I would use for my application.

Raising Reefs

Premium Sponsor
Yep, same pump. I have also used Iwaki's. All reliable pumps.
My setup is a little complicated when you look at it, lots of true union ball valves since I had only one 1" line for a return to the display tank. It also acts as a drain.

Darienreefs7

Yep, same pump. I have also used Iwaki's. All reliable pumps.
My setup is a little complicated when you look at it, lots of true union ball valves since I had only one 1" line for a return to the display tank. It also acts as a drain.
Heard good things about Iwakis but they are expensive

Joe5688

Here is my set-up

Left container is constantly mixing sw. Right container is fed from RODI unit and holds the fresh water. Hose going into the top of the left container is fed thru the pump and mixes my sw. If I open my right tank and close my left tank I can refill the SW container through the same hose. Depending no what container I have open I can fill my ATO res with RODI or fill my sump w/ sw. The hose going into my ATO is flexible and removable so I can put it where I need to move my water.

The hose u see hanging from my stand drains straight to my basement sump system.

It seems complicated but it's actually really easy and 1 pump works for the entire system. don't mind the mess I don't get down there much lol

View attachment 8139View attachment 8140View attachment 8138

Darienreefs7

Gotta say, this is the best thing I could have done for my tank. Water changes are a breeze and at the turn of a valve I have fresh RO water to fill ato. No more dripping buckets for me!