What bulbs should I use

anarchy

Trying to get everything figured out for my upgrade next year. Tanks going to be atleast 180 gallons. I'm going to run 2 250w halides and a 400w along with 4 t5s. The 250 halide bulbs will be de pheonix 14k de and the 400 I can't remember what bulb I already have but it is about the same color as the pheonix. I just need to know what color combination for the t5 since I've never ran them before

Sparky312

Probably either blue+ or actinic -- I'd go with actinic since you don't need growth out of your t5s with that much coming from the halides

rockhead

Well seeing you are going to have 900w of halide I would focus on bringing out the color of the corals so if I were going to do it I would have 2 KZ superblues and 2 actinic

Tom

anarchy

Well seeing you are going to have 900w of halide I would focus on bringing out the color of the corals so if I were going to do it I would have 2 KZ superblues and 2 actinic

Tom
And the super blue is that like the blue+?

Chetna

I second the actinic with all the halides provide, get the wow factor. This is what I do with two 250w radiums on m80 ballasts.