What happen to the mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The reefer

So what happen to the mods? I was just looking around and saw that only the admin is the staff now? Did he let every mod go? I think if he did that that was a bad choice. If it wasn't for our new mods the mcf event wouldn't have happened. I know Eric busted his *** for the event to just get kicked out. And I know if they were still mods we would have alot more events to come. Does anyone know what happen? And does everyone agree with what happen?

The reefer

Idk but that is messed up. Its sounds wrong especially after the big event we had. And that was just with them as mods for a month or 2. I know we would of had bigger better events in the future.

Does everyone agree with the decision that was made?
I don't.

JVC

I feel like this situation requires an explaination so ill be waiting to see what happens since Eric did such a great job setting up this past event.

Jep21

I agree.. What happen to the whole staff.. If it wasn't for our mods and the staff we wouldn't have had a great forumn and forumn sponsered events.. I haven't seen posts or a lot of activity in the forumn.. We need everyone back..

EyeReef

At this moment, I think this is best for the forum. Just because a member doesnt have a mod title, this does not mean they cant continue to contribute to the site. Every member is important to me so I wanted everyone to feel like they are all equal on here. With that said, any member, can help put together future events

The reefer

+1 on getting these sponsers. All that required hard work and to just b let go. With no explanation to the community.

FishBeard

So what happen to the mods? I was just looking around and saw that only the admin is the staff now? Did he let every mod go? I think if he did that that was a bad choice. If it wasn't for our new mods the mcf event wouldn't have happened. I know Eric busted his *** for the event to just get kicked out. And I know if they were still mods we would have alot more events to come. Does anyone know what happen? And does everyone agree with what happen?
Mike made an executive decision, it's not a "bad" choice. No one has been kicked out, and the site will continue to operate as it has been. Events will still be planned for everyone, so you don't need to worry about that. This site has been for its members, by it's members, and will continue that way. What happened is TeamCR is not quite what he was envisioning it to be when he put it together.

One thing I can suggest, is the members here that are willing and able, don't be shy to go above and beyond to help make the site succeed, whether it be suggestions for improvement, ideas for the site or events you would like to see happen, or any other general ideas. We as a community will make ChicagoReefs the kind of place everyone enjoys spending their time on.

Cubbies

Now this is nothing against Mike or anything but I feel like he's barely around. I understand he's busy with school and all but we need Mods around here. Otherwise I think this site is going for disaster in my opinion.

EyeReef

Thanks George. Like George says, Nothing has changed. This community will continue to operate with the same old model, this forum is for members by our members.
Mike made an executive decision, it's not a "bad" choice. No one has been kicked out, and the site will continue to operate as it has been. Events will still be planned for everyone, so you don't need to worry about that. This site has been for its members, by it's members, and will continue that way. What happened is TeamCR is not quite what he was envisioning it to be when he put it together.

One thing I can suggest, is the members here that are willing and able, don't be shy to go above and beyond to help make the site succeed, whether it be suggestions for improvement, ideas for the site or events you would like to see happen, or any other general ideas. We as a community will make ChicagoReefs the kind of place everyone enjoys spending their time on.

FishBeard

Now this is nothing against Mike or anything but I feel like he's barely around. I understand he's busy with school and all but we need Mods around here. Otherwise I think this site is going for disaster in my opinion.
I'd have to disagree, I don't see disaster coming from a current lack of moderators. Honestly, there was a veeeerrrry small percentage of incidents that required immediate attention by a moderating staff when Mike was unavailable to handle it in a timely manner. Everyone has access to the report post button, and should feel free to use it when necessary if threads get out of hand.

SkullV

Mike do you plan to return to Chicago or stay out west? I know you run socalireefs.com out there as well. Just seems like this is a good way to further fracture the Chicagoland marine hobbyist community even more than it already is. From the perspective of a Chicagoan who plans to spend the next good portion of their life in this city it is kind of a shame.

The reefer

I think it's gonna b hard to manage 2 sites. But I can b wrong. But yes if were gonna keep this site strong we need mods that know and do the right thing. In a big group of ppl we always need officials. To many ppl get hurt easy or like to hurt online.

Status
Not open for further replies.