What salt do you use?

GugsJr

TeamCR
I've used IO RC and switched because of the brown sludge in the mixing container, then went to salinity some of the parameters were too high for my Triton method, tried fritz but CA was too low, now looking for a new salt.

Maybe Tripic Marin or AquaForest.

I only add saltwater when I top off from selling frags

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am currently using Aquaforest Reef Salt. So far it has been pretty good, I think. While in the using of this salt I also dropped the ball on maintenance so things haven't been as good, but I know it is my fault not the salt's.

GugsJr

TeamCR
I am currently using Aquaforest Reef Salt. So far it has been pretty good, I think. While in the using of this salt I also dropped the ball on maintenance so things haven't been as good, but I know it is my fault not the salt's.
Where did you get this from? I haven't been able to find a LFS with some in stock

Irsug1

Premium member
Would you mind post some parameters when mixed at 1.026 (35ppt) salinity?[/QUOTE]

From the Tropical Marin site - Ca: 430-450 ppm, Mg: 1300-1350 ppm, Alk: 7-8 dKH

Last edited:

GugsJr

TeamCR
Would you mind post some parameters when mixed at 1.026 (35ppt) salinity?
Ca: 430-450 ppm, Mg: 1300-1350 ppm, Alk: 7-8 dKH[/QUOTE]I ordered it today, since the research looks it falls in line with my current parameters

tinman

Would you mind post some parameters when mixed at 1.026 (35ppt) salinity?
Ca: 430-450 ppm, Mg: 1300-1350 ppm, Alk: 7-8 dKH[/QUOTE]

Ca: 430-450 ppm, Mg: 1300-1350 ppm, Alk: 7-8 dKH
I ordered it today, since the research looks it falls in line with my current parameters

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

im confused .. which one are you guys talking about ?

GugsJr

TeamCR
Ca: 430-450 ppm, Mg: 1300-1350 ppm, Alk: 7-8 dKH

I ordered it today, since the research looks it falls in line with my current parameters

im confused .. which one are you guys talking about ?
I went with the Aqua Forest Pro

Last edited:

blkhwkz

Premium member
RC for my display tanks, IO for quarantine tanks. Every time I consider changing, I decide not to since I have had success with it and don't want to mess with that.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I also use RC. Cheap and I’ve been using it forever, so I don’t really have a reason to change. Plus, once my tank is stable, I don’t many water changes anyway. Maybe on 45 gal change every three months.

maidia

Team CR
Try many salt but go back RC salt. But I don't do water change anymore since last year for my SPS tank. For Nem and Shroom small tank I do change water since no skimmer for that tank.

superchargedgp

I dont do much water changes anymore. Maybe 15 gallons every 4 months. On a 70 gallon total system. But i use red sea coral pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk