Who has the best fish selection???

jayjigga

Park Ridge. The owner and most of the workers (all but one or two) are complete jerks though, but wow is the store cool. :ahhhhh:
Sorry you had such a bad experience...I know most of the crew and I definitely don't get that feeling from them. I don't even spend a bunch of money there. Just never got the "jerk" impression from them.

i personally think beyond the reef has a better selection than living seas. A lot of people in this hobby hate them, but i have never been treated bad there and i get good deals on fish..
I'd agree. Although "hate" is a strong word, lol...their snailmail does offer some good deals from time to time.

Votts

If you go to Aquatica lemme know cause I live about 2 minutes from there.. you can check my tank out!! but mario should give you a discount when you check out too. Reef city is pretty cool because it kinda reminds me of a wholesale place lol. they got

WindyCityReefs

Mike, if there is anything specific you're looking for or out for something rare... we can special order it for you when we see it available.
E

Joe5689

Sorry you had such a bad experience...I know most of the crew and I definitely don't get that feeling from them. I don't even spend a bunch of money there. Just never got the "jerk" impression from them.

I'd agree. Although "hate" is a strong word, lol...their snailmail does offer some good deals from time to time.
Sorry to bump an old thread but I went there Sunday at about 3:35 to buy some fish and they offer a 7 day warranty if u bring a water sample. I brought water in with me and they wouldn't test it or offer me the warranty because they don't test water 20 mins before closing. I thought it was a bunch of BS and they guy seemed to give me attitude about it. They have a good selection but their cs sucks

jayjigga

Sorry to bump an old thread but I went there Sunday at about 3:35 to buy some fish and they offer a 7 day warranty if u bring a water sample. I brought water in with me and they wouldn't test it or offer me the warranty because they don't test water 20 mins before closing. I thought it was a bunch of BS and they guy seemed to give me attitude about it. They have a good selection but their cs sucks
Old threads sometimes need bumping. Some tests run at least 20 mins to be accurate (if I remember correctly; can U tell I don't test ;) ), but that doesn't excuse a lack of explanation. I'm not defending them, but the "good" CD probably ran out of that person at end of day, haha...sorry U had a lackluster experience. The next time I'm in there, I'll ask why they don't test that close to closing and report back here.

Joe5689

U would think it would be your typical Ph, am, trite,trate, and salinity which should be no more then 5-10 minutes lol. The guy just seemed rude and like he didn't want to be bothered. I was going to go to beyond the reef but they closed at 3 which is the only reason I went to living sea. Although I picked up a paid of clowns for $35 which I thought was a decent deal

Funlad3

I actually had a great experience with the Living Sea when I got my Moorish Idol and Coral Beauty. True, both turned up sick in my QT, but they stayed a bit after, were more than friendly, and I got some good prices. I don't know, experiences vary for me there. Rich is always great though! Also, try and get Mike (owner) to go on a tirade about LEDs and their incompetence. That's a fun argument to have. :lol:

Votts

There is a place in edgewood that is awesome called global aquatic importers. Plus the guy is getting the biggest shipment he has ever recieved on thursday! He has tons of stuff and it feels like you are in a wholesale place. this place is gonna be roking this weekend and he also has huge sales.. He is sllig reef crystals 200 gallon box for 37 bucks! You can beat that!

jayjigga

U would think it would be your typical Ph, am, trite,trate, and salinity which should be no more then 5-10 minutes lol. The guy just seemed rude and like he didn't want to be bothered. I was going to go to beyond the reef but they closed at 3 which is the only reason I went to living sea. Although I picked up a paid of clowns for $35 which I thought was a decent deal
You went on a Sunday! I gotcha...and I probably know who you dealt with. He has his good and bad days. I'm in there enough that I usually get good cs, but everyone can have an off day. Also, I agree, at longest on of those tests should take roughly 10-12mins, but all of them involve some mixing and what not, and in reality, one person doing 5 tests at even 5 mins each, would complete it in 25 mins. Should they have sucked it up and stayed a little longer, maybe, but it's a gray area.

I actually had a great experience with the Living Sea when I got my Moorish Idol and Coral Beauty. True, both turned up sick in my QT, but they stayed a bit after, were more than friendly, and I got some good prices. I don't know, experiences vary for me there. Rich is always great though! Also, try and get Mike (owner) to go on a tirade about LEDs and their incompetence. That's a fun argument to have. :lol:
I'm glad you had a better experience than before! Mike is good peeps. Rich is always a hoot. The whole crew there with their wonderful counter girls make for a usually good experience.

jayjigga

There is a place in edgewood that is awesome called global aquatic importers. Plus the guy is getting the biggest shipment he has ever recieved on thursday! He has tons of stuff and it feels like you are in a wholesale place. this place is gonna be roking this weekend and he also has huge sales.. He is sllig reef crystals 200 gallon box for 37 bucks! You can beat that!
We've talked about that place...here and elsewhere. Biggest advice: If you choose to shop there, you should probably have a QT set up; otherwise it's purchase at your own risk.

Are you sure it's RC? That's typically the price of their IO salt boxes. And like Jay said, it is IMPERITIVE that you QT ANY fish you buy from their.

Votts

yeah i got mail from them and thats the price for reef crystals.. i usually pay about 60 for it but im gonna grab some on sale to make the wallet a little happier lol