who still runs t5?

erok90

Now that the price of leds has dropped dramatically in last couple years who is still running T5s? This question is especially for those with larger tanks. I ask cause soon im gonna be setting up my 6ft tank and I have a 6 bulb tek T5 was gonna use but im debating on selling it for leds. The tank will only be sps. I run diy leds on my 39g and I get good growth so I have no problems with leds. I just wanted to see how many of you still run T5s. Do you plan on switching? I know theres alot of info out there on the differences but I want to hear it from people I know.thanks guys

DJE

I run them along with MH's. I've also noticed quite a few people going back to T5's and even MH. I personally like the look and have great color and growth from them.

Giesemann Spectra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghostman

I've tried virtually LED system out there, and didn't get the growth or coloration on my SPS that I had with MH or T5. I'm back to T5 and loving it. I would have picked MH, but they really didn't fit the look of my open top tank. I don't think I'll go back to LED for a very long time.

latinreefer

I run T5's and I super happy with them. Ive tried MH but to much heat for me, I ran AI Hydra LED's and couldn't get use to them and I didn't have much luck with the growth I was looking for. Now I run ATI Powermodule T5/LED Hybrid and I couldn't be happier. T5's gives me the growth I want and it grows anything I want.

Last edited:

The reefer

I switched from a eco tech radion to a ATI dimmable 6 bulb t5 and couldn't b happier. My sps look better than ever. my sps r still most frags but everything is growing great also.

cet98

ATI Dimmable Sunpower T5s here....
I tried LEDs once but found it difficult for me to find a sweet spot between color spectrum and PAR values...
I did like the idea of no longer needing lamp replacements but in the end the color of T5 won out.... I do have an LED fixture over my pico tank but that has more to do with size restrictions than anything else....

erok90

Sounds like alot you have switch back to t5 and are loving the results so it looks like ill keep my t5s

maidia

Team CR
2 tanks with all leds here but will change to MH + T5 Geissemann Spectra this sunday for one tank...

madjoe

Premium member
I loved my t5 but man bulbs get pricey so led now maybe later switch back but would have to build whole new canopy first

100LL

I love the aesthetics of the Kessill's over my rimless setup but my 4 x T5/ 2 x MH combo looks way better w/r/t coral coloration.

erok90

Thats my next question. Who supplements their t5s with leds? Do you use only blues or blue/white? I cant afford a combo fixture so if I do supplement it most likely be diy

Gary

Now that the price of leds has dropped dramatically in last couple years who is still running T5s? This question is especially for those with larger tanks. I ask cause soon im gonna be setting up my 6ft tank and I have a 6 bulb tek T5 was gonna use but im debating on selling it for leds. The tank will only be sps. I run diy leds on my 39g and I get good growth so I have no problems with leds. I just wanted to see how many of you still run T5s. Do you plan on switching? I know theres alot of info out there on the differences but I want to hear it from people I know.thanks guys
I recently switched back to T5's.

Happy with it.