Who uses 2 vortechs and what kind of programming do you use

Jwblocal701

Ok I set up my 2 pumps to switch thought the day via Apex
Pulse, reef crest,lagoon, reefcrest, night

Just curious what everyone else has programmed throughout the day

DAS212

I use 2 M10s on reef crest but I have them programmed so when one is high the other is low, that was it creates more randomness, every few days and before water changes i run Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM). Randomness and intensity of reef crest seems to do really well for my SPS. Currently debating if I should have the mp10s on the back glass facing forward or on opposite sides facing in.

I dont have an apex but I need to get one to turn it in night mode automatically.

- Dave

latinreefer

I use 2 M10s on reef crest but I have them programmed so when one is high the other is low, that was it creates more randomness, every few days and before water changes i run Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM). Randomness and intensity of reef crest seems to do really well for my SPS. Currently debating if I should have the mp10s on the back glass facing forward or on opposite sides facing in.

I dont have an apex but I need to get one to turn it in night mode automatically.

- Dave
Your vortech has night mode already built in, Check your manual its easy to set up, it reduces it to 50% i think of your current speed every night.

tkh

I have one MP10 and one MP40 on my tank and it's usually on yellow mode. A couple times I put it in NTM.
Same setup I have :) I keep it in either the long pulse (pink) - I like the back and forth flow I get, or reefcrest. It goes into night mode when my lights go out. Incidentally, you don't need an Apex to do night mode Dave - you can tell your MP master to do it for you at a certain time, and program how long it lasts as well.

http://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/FULLMANUAL_Revision1.2.pdf

Check out page 27 for instructions on how to start night mode (once you do it once, it remembers when you do it, and will repeat that until it ever loses power). Page 28 and 29 deal with how to program how long you want night mode to last, and how much of an attenuation you want.

DAS212

Your vortech has night mode already built in, Check your manual its easy to set up, it reduces it to 50% i think of your current speed every night.
Yea I noticed its built in but you have to manually start night mode, I wish it was on a time so I didnt have to hold down the two buttons every night, kind of a pain

tkh

Yea I noticed its built in but you have to manually start night mode, I wish it was on a time so I didnt have to hold down the two buttons every night, kind of a pain
You don't need to hold down the buttons every night - do it once, it will repeat automatically.

kratos1028

You would need to setup night mode again if you turn the pumps off. It resets then but as long as the pumps are on, night mode turns on everytime at night for the time you set it to start.

Joe5688

I have 2 mp10s. My stay on reefcrest or lagoon. I randomly switch it through out the week. Some days on NTM and sometime wave for a few hours.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
I have one MP10W and I'm not sure what I'm doing with it :D But the light is on yellow and green was to much...lol!!

Jwblocal701

How chaotic is tidal swell
Has anyone seen it at its fastest point

I'm kinda annoyed also I cannot get any wave action with pulsing them
I have them on opposite sides of my tank anti sync
But can't get a good back and fourth motion
I have played with timing and everything

My complete program is
From
9:00-9:30 lagoon(lights just turning on)
9:30-10:00 pulse(mix anything up that settled during the night)
10:00-12:00 reefcrest
12:00-2:00 lagoon
2:00-4:00 tidal swell
4:00-6:00 reef crest
6:00-10:00 lagoon
Night 10pm-9am

I live having it on the apex
I have a bunch of virtual outlets made
Say it's in lagoon mode
I can just turn on reefcrest mode for a while
If I turn it off it will automatically go back to whatever is set to run at that time