Who / What is the best Algae Magnet for at least 1" thick Acrylic?

mlreef

Who makes/ What is the best Algae Magnet for at least 1" thick Acrylic?

Who has the best algae magnet for acrylic for at least a 1" tank thickness?

Thanks

yogoshio

I like aqueon magnets personally. Sounds queer I know but they have a curved handle that makes it more comfortable to hold, lol.

FishBeard

I love my Hammerhead for my 180 glass tank, insanely strong magnet compared to the MagFloats. Whatever is the bigger brother to that magnet cleaner would be my recommendation.

FishBeard

not an inch thick, but I bought the size cleaner I needed that was rated for my tank, and its SUPER STRONG. I could barely move the magflot before it lost its grip, the hammerhead I can make waves scraping the glass so fast.

FishBeard

Id honestly try the great white from algae free first, but if that is still not strong enough the magnavore is a kick butt cleaner, just like yogo said, WAYYY overpriced. Plus the Algae Free look much nicer to leave in place with the unibody hardwood dry side.

mlreef

That is definitely true,I wonder if they will let me use it and test it out and if it works then I'll keep it but if it doesn't then hopefully they will let me return it... what are your thoughts?

FishBeard

Not sure, Id hate to say go for it and be stuck with a mag cleaner that doesnt work. Perhaps see if someone else local has one of the big boys that you could try out before buying your own. Just to be sure it works.

jayjigga

I wonder if I have the acrylic parts for ma hammerhead, but holy markup on that other one...you can buy an MP40 or a scraper? Whaaaa??

mlreef

I wonder if I have the acrylic parts for ma hammerhead, but holy markup on that other one...you can buy an MP40 or a scraper? Whaaaa??
I really wouldn't need the acrylic pads for it.The top of my tank is 1" and I can test it there if you would be willing to let me borrow it for an afternoon... I'd really appreciate it Jay.

mlreef

I really wouldn't need the acrylic pads for it.The top of my tank is 1" and I can test it there if you would be willing to let me borrow it for an afternoon... I'd really appreciate it Jay.
Never mind, I would at least need the Tiger Shark.

Anyone have the Tiger Shark?

FishBeard

The tiger shark will be borderline on 1" acrylic. You really would want the great white for effective cleaning.

mlreef

Yes, I just called BRS and of course they are closed on the weekends. I will need to give them a call Monday. I think that I will just order the Great White and be done with it, I figure with my Kent pro algae scraper and the Great White that I should be ok.

Any other suggestions are always welcomed.

Thanks

catalano

man that seems like soooo much money for a magnet cleaner. y dont you borrow fish beards for a day and see how his works for you before you spend money like that or someone elses. just an idea.

ColaAddict

Its the best magnet cleaner u can buy. It has the most powerful magnet. Just be careful u dont pick up sand or u scratch your acrylic real bad