Who / What is the best Algae Magnet for at least 1" thick Acrylic?

catalano

yea i starting looking at mags for bigger tanks and I had no clue they cost that much. I guess thats what you get for having such a large tank lol jk

FishBeard

man that seems like soooo much money for a magnet cleaner. y dont you borrow fish beards for a day and see how his works for you before you spend money like that or someone elses. just an idea.
Ill guarantee if he borrows my hammerhead it won't work for him, t will feel like a mag float small being used on a bigger tank. His acrylic is almost twice as thick as my glass. I really think the great white will work but I don't want you to be stuck with it if not.

Cubbies

It looks like it'll do the job and imo it looks pretty nice. It's bigger so that would make cleaning that big tank much easier. Covers alot of space at 4". If you can swing it why not + it's guaranteed to knock your socks off! :a42:

Crooks

I got a tiger shark, hammer head, and piranha algae free. You dont want to get your fingers in between the tiger shark, its not fun at all. I quit using it. Its to strong for my little tank. I think the great white or mangrove could break your finger and they come with warning directions in the box

mlreef

Matt how thick is your tank that you are using the tiger shark on? They also make a magnavore 10 which I think would be over kill (it does up to 1.5" thick) I still think that I should be OK withe the Great White.

There is also mightymagnets.com. I personally have not used them but some people swear by them. Their pad is very similar to Dobie pad. I can tell you that Dobie pad really works on acrylic tanks.

Crooks

I am not using the tiger shark. I had it on my old 180g 1/2" glass and it was to to much. I havent even tried it on my 240g. Algae free doesnt over rate their cleaners at all like magfloat in my opinion. I would watch or search on RC for a used great white then get a new $12 acrylic kit. I would even think about staining it to the same color as your stand. If you want

Thats another option or to just put a doobie pad in between them.