With Spring and eventually summer comming - Temp Swings lets talk about them

sk8elenex92

Premium member
You will not have to provide any thing to me unless you have a ? Or problem. All I need is your email. I Will get the device and you can pick it up. I will provide you with all the info.

#theMatrix

Im really interested in the humidity part of it as temp notifications wont really be something i worry about in regards to the home life.

Pmd ya

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Hah I knew someone was going to mention the site.. lol Yeah weird name. When I first acquired about the job I kept writing Dicks On Data in my emails. Its actually Dickson Data. hah

Paulip

I recently implemented a 300 watt heater for a biocube 14 tank. Definitely overpowered. I have heard conflicting things about this. I think an overpowered heater will take less effort to keep your temps stable and less wear and tear.

My temps seems to have stabilized. 78-79 with full lighting. Maybe, its the weather..... But I have had, heat on/lights out, heat off/windows open...whatever configuration you can think off these last few days.

Heater accuracy should definitely be checked. I have three types of thermometers. I have lost fish due to heater issues before. I suspect chillers have redundancies and failsafes unlike a cheap heating coil in a testube.

Last edited: