Wrasse stocking for a 50 cube with about 15 gallon sump

ultimatemj

Coris can be awesome/beautiful but beware they will not allow you to stock ornamental shrimp, tube worms, snails, crabs, etc...all will be seen as food LOL

SkullV

Coris can be awesome/beautiful but beware they will not allow you to stock ornamental shrimp, tube worms, snails, crabs, etc...all will be seen as food LOL
This is a hit or miss phenomenon. Many people have no issues keeping adult Halichoeres wrasses with ornamental shrimp, tube worms, snails, crabs, etc.

maidia

Team CR
My Coris had no problem with shrimp and snail but my Christmas wrasse kill all the shrimps I put in..I saw with my eyes.

madjoe

Premium member
Oh and mine can flip over a soft ball sized rock with no issues great at keeping pest away but gotta use a lot of glue lol

ultimatemj

I hesitated to post this because I was considering them :spy: But timing is off for me...

Diver's den will be posting at 5pm: Vanuatu Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse Trio
The males are super hot
View attachment 4606

Often the females are just meh, but I think these are sweet color.
View attachment 4607

Could totally see 3 of these being a show!
[video]http://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-2219659-stock-footage-male-adult-red-margined-wrasse-cirrhilabrus-rubrimarginatus-underwater-in-fiji-islands.html?src=rel/2332910:5[/video]

They probably will out grow your tank, but not as fast as that red coris :lol:

tinman

Ok how about

Can I Add a blue star leapord and a yellow coris wrasse along with 2 clowns and a Midas

Siebo

Premium member
Ok how about

Can I Add a blue star leapord and a yellow coris wrasse along with 2 clowns and a Midas
Should be ok but mixing wrasses are hit or miss. Just depends on the individual fish. Use an acclamation box to be safe. Once the aggression stops put the second one in the tank.

madjoe

Premium member
Ok how about

Id add blue star first tgey r timid wrasses if picked on they will just keep hiding and starve if added first let him get settled in and established u wont have issues im sure i told u this before. But u do what u want your money

tinman

Id add blue star first tgey r timid wrasses if picked on they will just keep hiding and starve if added first let him get settled in and established u wont have issues im sure i told u this before. But u do what u want your money
Exactly what I was thinking of doing ..
I'll be getting the blue star this weekend and once it settles In then I'll think about adding the other wrasse or may be skip all together :)