Xmoji 57 Gallon Reef Tank

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
I picked up some no name acro today’s that aren’t in the best condition. I’m hoping I can bring some life back to these three pieces.

This one has some decent polyps extension for being fragged, dipped in Revive, fresh water dip then glued to a plug.

This one is probably the worst condition of all three.

This one was a good looker the bushy growth pattern was cool and the green polyps are nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Funlad3

I picked up some no name acro today’s that aren’t in the best condition. I’m hoping I can bring some life back to these three pieces.

This one has some decent polyps extension for being fragged, dipped in Revive, fresh water dip then glued to a plug.

This one is probably the worst condition of all three.

This one was a good looker the bushy growth pattern was cool and the green polyps are nice.

No way; I met you today without realizing it was you! If these pieces don't do well, just let me know and I'll be sure to have replacements for you. :)

I'm about to unbag my pieces too. ;)

- Ben

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
No way; I met you today without realizing it was you! If these pieces don't do well, just let me know and I'll be sure to have replacements for you. :)

I'm about to unbag my pieces too. ;)

- Ben
Lol awesome!! Thanks Ben you were super helpful today. I hope they do well, I’ll follow up later with their progress.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Phew, I feel like I haven’t been able to do much with my tank lately after a bathroom remodel. So happy that nightmare is over and now I can concentrate on my tank again.

Rainbow Acans

Yellow Tang

Meanest tank inhabitant

After some tank demo work I left the Hawkins too close to my Gold Torch.

I forgot the name to this chalice....

I love zoas

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/
20190312/4d81a6715a36f9e92c49f813ca62bc5d.jpg

ASD Rainbow Milli

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
I picked up a new toy yesterday, thanks to maidia’s pictures I found a reasonably priced lens for my camera. I’m still learning it but was able to get some nice shots.

Strawberry Shortcake

WWC OG Bounce

Green Slimmer

RR Wolverine

Walt Disney

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Wow I haven’t posted in a long time. I haven’t had as much time as I normally like to work on my tank. Unfortunately dealing with a bit of cyano right now. I also changed up the right side of my tank about a month ago so mst of my larger sps colonies are pissed off by all the movement and have lost color. I wanted to reorganize the rock work so I can try and get some more surface area for more coral. Now I’m trying to let everything heal. I picked up an aiptasia eating filefish to deal with those pests. He’s kinda small but I’m hoping he’s hungry for aiptasia and not my lps or softies. In order to keep my bounce safe I put them in my basket just in case. These bounce are so cool! Soooo many bubbles and there huge especially momma. I love them.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
I hope you all enjoyed your Memorial Day. I was able to grab some nice pictures of the coral in the tank. I picked up a few frags from Battle Corals, awesome to do business with, super easy and Adam threw in a couple freebies. The two favorite pick ups are Vivid’s Confetti and BC Wondermelon.

Confetti

Wondermelon

The very popular Indo Gold Torch

CRT Dragon King

Needs a lot of work but here’s the TCK Rainbow Explosion

Mjl714

Corals and pictures look great. It appears you’re making good use of that new camera lense.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Corals and pictures look great. It appears you’re making good use of that new camera lense.
Thank you, I actually ended up returning the macro lens I purchased because it wasn’t was a manual focus lens. It was a good lens and I figured out how to use it but it was difficult to use with the porthole. Couple that with the small areas to work inside the tank it just didn’t make sense. Now time to save up for one with autofocus capabilities.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Here’s some cool tank shots from tonight under actinics. Enjoy!

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Hey guys, so as some of you know I’ve been having some issues with my tank lately for the past couple of months. I think now things are starting to get better however that has come with some downfalls.

I had been noticing algae issues and less vibrant colors in the beginning. I would clean the algae off of the glass and the very next day it would covered again, this never happens to my tank. The tank also broke out with a bad case of cyano. Coral colors change drastically on many sps, lps and zoas seemed fine.

I started with changing five gallon daily for a week. I also started to run just gfo in my reactor, which I never do, I normally run a mix of gfo and carbon. From here problems got worse. My strawberry shortcake colony started to rtn. When I noticed this I ordered an ICP test and sent out my sample immediately.

While waiting for my test result my strawberry shortcake rtn’d completely in about 3 days. After that piece was lost my pink lemonade followed form. I lost that one in about 4 days. During the rtn of the pink lemonade I started doing 10 gallon water changes daily for about 10 days. Very tiring. I also decided to use chemiclean to treat the cyano as I wasn’t have any luck ridding my tank of it after all the water changes.

After the daily 10 gallon water changes and the cyano treatment my tank started looking better. The algae and cyano finally started to subside. It has been about a week since the algae has gone away. I did receive my results and the only thing out of the ordinary which confirmed my suspicions were that my nutrients were too high resulting in browning sps and algae. I tried to combat that by running gfo in my reactor which caused the two sps to rtn.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Good evening everyone. I just wanted to updated you all and let you know that the coral in the tank are doing better. I’m still waiting on some of the harder hit sps to color up. Some that are struggling are the TCK Rainbow Explosion, Orange Passion, Red Planet. They all alive but the color isn’t there.

The good news is some coral are really taking off. My ASD Rainbow Milli is a stunner and grows really well. The WWC Nuclear Grapes is another established sps in my tank that seems to be growing well. SCOP is another great grower, I wish I planted this one a little higher up to get those yellow polyps out a little more. The CRT Dragon King is really on a growth spurt and is budding several new branches.

I also just fragged something really special. This coral has been one of my top 3 ever since I started collecting corals. Now a days it seems to be on everyone’s must have list.....

My WWC OG Bounce’s are growing so large the small one is at least three inches across and the larger one probably pushing five inches. I just wish they dropped babies. I don’t think I could see myself fragging these beauties anytime soon.

Anyways thanks for looking enjoy some pictures and happy reefing Chicagoreefs.

Last edited:

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
I’m really not sure why but I have only ever spot fed my bounce mushrooms once before tonight. At the time I didn’t get a response from the feeding so I kinda didn’t pay attention to them when spot feeding. I do enjoy spot feeding coral especially those that give a response like acan and duncan’s.

Tonight I decided to feed the bounce again and boy did I get a response. Well from one of them at least. It blew up like a balloon and luckily I was able to grab my camera quickly and get some quick shots.

Fun to see in person!

F709DA30-AC61-44B1-B0CD-A74CBD171AEB.jpeg

B86AFC81-518E-4442-BBAE-478757593F5B.jpeg

FB9CCAEF-A3B8-4F74-86CA-36CD3AF767FB.jpeg

A759D02E-1F25-4D6B-9182-B44B6A4610DC.jpeg

B97073FE-43B0-4E4E-81C5-B52C4F2C12B7.jpeg

540583A7-B116-4EF2-B761-4B0429E91E98.jpeg

668C28F2-B424-4553-B5CB-56EA3C6BC803.jpeg

46C07B74-025A-4E87-91E5-AB32AD63D298.jpeg