Xmoji 57 Gallon Reef Tank

dvanlier05

Awesome! Do you have the Princess Peach? If so what kind of light do you have it under?[/QUOTE]

No. I have Sin City, Daydream, Spyro the Dragon, The Fuzz, Pink Floyd, Titan, and Mr Freeze monti.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Hawkins Echinata you can see some loss of color on this one because it was being shadowed by a hammer coral on a rack. It’ll bounce back though...

Orange Hammer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
A couple months ago I picked up a few pieces of coral during a live sale. One of the pieces I got was TCK Pikachu. It was a lot smaller than what I expected, about 1/2”.

So fast forward a couple month and the piece is alive and well. I ended up removing it from the plug it came on and glued it to a piece of rock. So far it has been encrusting pretty well. At the base of the frag you used to be able to see the glue but now it is fully encrypted over the glue.

I’m hoping with time I’ll get more of the yellow out of it and the green goes away. You can see some hints of yellow in the tips of the small branches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spartanman22

My TCK Pikachu, at best seems to hover around a yellow/line green. Haven’t had any luck getting any of that bright yellow I’ve seen in photos. It is also unfortunately one of my slowest growers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
My TCK Pikachu, at best seems to hover around a yellow/line green. Haven’t had any luck getting any of that bright yellow I’ve seen in photos. It is also unfortunately one of my slowest growers.

What kind of light intensity do you have it under? Or do you think it’s due to something else other than light?

Spartanman22

I’ve got it under an ATI (4 bulb) in the top 1/3rd of my tank. Gets good flow and light. The color has been steadily improving, and it’s encrusting just at a slow rate.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
[MENTION=2223]Spartanman22[/MENTION] I feel like some corals just get into a state of hibernation almost. They don’t color up they don’t grow and they can go months without doing anything. The piece that is my hibernating coral is the RR Wolverine. That awesome thing is just sitting in my tank perfectly brown and not growing at all.

Spartanman22

[MENTION=2223]Spartanman22[/MENTION] I feel like some corals just get into a state of hibernation almost. They don’t color up they don’t grow and they can go months without doing anything. The piece that is my hibernating coral is the RR Wolverine. That awesome thing is just sitting in my tank perfectly brown and not growing at all.
It’s always the pricey ones too! I’ve got a few of those. Things for the most part have started taking off into colonies, but there are a few holding out for some reason.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
It’s always the pricey ones too! I’ve got a few of those. Things for the most part have started taking off into colonies, but there are a few holding out for some reason.

Yes!!! Lol it absolutely is the expensive pieces.

I’m actually thinking of moving the Wolverine to see if it gets any better. It’s cureently low in the tank so maybe it just needs more light.