Xmoji 57 Gallon Reef Tank

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
It’s definitely not light. Nutrients was my issue with coral but never crossed my mind about the chaeto.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
What’s up Chicago Reefers! Happy Sunday night, I hope you all enjoyed your weekend.

So the tank is doing really well. Corals are growing like crazy and my colors are popping! Those sps that really lost color and were brown ugly sticks all have a nice tint of their original color. NO3 is holding steading at 5-10 ppm.

As you know I purchased Neonitro so help raise my NO3. So far I have only had to dose 3 times. Couple the dosing and feeding helped keep those nitrates where I think they should be. I’ll continue to monitor NO3 and the color of my sticks.

Take care.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
This thing is coming back from the dead with a vengeance. During my tank troubles this guy turned completely brown on me.

9C2D082D-79E6-47E3-936D-8562044DF14A.jpeg

Last edited:

Funlad3

I picked up some no name acro today’s that aren’t in the best condition. I’m hoping I can bring some life back to these three pieces.

This one has some decent polyps extension for being fragged, dipped in Revive, fresh water dip then glued to a plug.

This one is probably the worst condition of all three.

This one was a good looker the bushy growth pattern was cool and the green polyps are nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hey, did any of these make it a year on? I recognize one of them from some later pics that you took and it ended up being my favorite piece in my nano. If you still have any of them, LMK!

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
@Funlad3, yes all three of them are alive. Only one is still kinda ugly but I can now start seeing some coloring up. The last picture in the repost is the same as in the previous post number 215.

which is your favorite?

Funlad3

@Funlad3, yes all three of them are alive. Only one is still kinda ugly but I can now start seeing some coloring up. The last picture in the repost is the same as in the previous post number 215.

which is your favorite?
The last one was my favorite in the cube, but I don't remember what the other two ended up morphing into for me. This is what I got the one to look like in my nano before I crashed it:

44035529_1120662678082348_985135420322873344_o.jpg

46505963_1142815612533721_8659868517983584256_o.jpg

I think I finally managed to track down another identical/similar colony of it, but it's sitting in my buddy's tank for now until I get everything stable on the big tank at home.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
The last one was my favorite in the cube, but I don't remember what the other two ended up morphing into for me. This is what I got the one to look like in my nano before I crashed it:

View attachment 3663

View attachment 3665

I think I finally managed to track down another identical/similar colony of it, but it's sitting in my buddy's tank for now until I get everything stable on the big tank at home.
That’s the same as the one in post #215