Yet another Anarchy build

anarchy

So earlier this week my 3 year old decided to dump an entire container of pellets into my tank. Probably the best thing that's ever happened to my reef other than the fact I lost my urchin. My tank got a deep clean and reshaped. Every coral is looking amazing

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

anarchy

Started the clean up after the summer neglect. Have to order some more snails and an urchin. Been thinking about changing the scape and mixing Tonga branch in. What do you guys think? Current pic and old pic pure tonga

superchargedgp

I like current better than tonga ones. I know about summer neglect all too well. What helped me is vibrant. After few weeks of dosing it my tank has never looked cleaner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anarchy

All of this recent activity has gotten me excited about reefing again. As some of you know my son dumped a whole container of pellets food into my tank a couple months ago. Since that day regardless of how much I clean and add gfo and blah blah blah I'm still having problems with nutrients. Doesn't help that my daughter being born took a lot of my time away from the tank. Now that she's alittle older at 3 1/2 months we have gotten into a nice routine and I have time to take care of the tank again. The plan right now is remove the hair algae and cyano. I'll order some chemiclean this week. Also plan on changing up the rock structure. I think right now my rock work is cutting down on my flow too much.

anarchy

She’s adorable. Dude didnt know you tank got that bad wtf
Thanks. And the tank has looked so much worse. At one point the entire tank was cyano and hair algae. I'll post a pic of that. But I cleaned it all up and boom it was back in less than a week. Just going to have to crack down and get serious again

anarchy

She’s adorable. Dude didnt know you tank got that bad wtf
Also do you still have a fuge running? Here soon I'm going to be drilling a couple 20g tanks and getting my fuge and water change system set up

madjoe

Premium member
Also do you still have a fuge running? Here soon I'm going to be drilling a couple 20g tanks and getting my fuge and water change system set up

Yea im still running a fuge I usually have to rip out almost all the macro though when the tank starts to run to clean. Still working on stability its either to clean or to dirty . I just been injured pretty much since end of july so between hospital visits dr visits chiropractor visits not being able to walk to being able to walk to being able to somewhat walk but in severe pain i do what i could to the tank. Been a up and down summer lol . But trying few new diy tricks so no matter what have a while for tank to settle. Got tired of filter socks so i hobbled to menards and built media holders to replace socks. I stuck bio balls inside to break up the water noise and hope help with other issues. Like said kinda experiment so we see how it works long term

anarchy

Yea im still running a fuge I usually have to rip out almost all the macro though when the tank starts to run to clean. Still working on stability its either to clean or to dirty . I just been injured pretty much since end of july so between hospital visits dr visits chiropractor visits not being able to walk to being able to walk to being able to somewhat walk but in severe pain i do what i could to the tank. Been a up and down summer lol . But trying few new diy tricks so no matter what have a while for tank to settle. Got tired of filter socks so i hobbled to menards and built media holders to replace socks. I stuck bio balls inside to break up the water noise and hope help with other issues. Like said kinda experiment so we see how it works long term
Well when you're ready to get rid of macro maybe my fuge will be ready. Working on getting the wife to let me set the 93 back up as a fish only so I can get some cool fish once again. Besides having everything tucked away kind of ruins it.

madjoe

Premium member
Well when you're ready to get rid of macro maybe my fuge will be ready. Working on getting the wife to let me set the 93 back up as a fish only so I can get some cool fish once again. Besides having everything tucked away kind of ruins it.

I run calerpa . Should have some in few weeks usually dont take long to take off I literally just threw away probably 2 lbs of the stuff lol

anarchy

Still dealing with hair algae but it's looking better. Did a water change today and pulled more out so figured I'd get some pictures with the new phone

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
You're getting growth on that acro and that always keeps me happy even when I have algae and/or cyano :woohoo:. I've been going back and forth every 3-4 weeks with bad cyano outbreaks. I seem to have narrowed it down to AcroPower as a fuel source plus the nitrates being slightly elevated. I might have a small amount of cyano that is so minimal I don't even care about it but when I add the AcroPower it blows up.

I just learned this the other day from a friend, but if you use a long piece of rigid airline tubing to syphon the cyano then you can pinpoint the removal and use very little water. It takes a little while but he said he can syphon his 180 of cyano and only go through about 5g of water. This allows the ability to syphon the cyano daily without using a ton of salt water.