1 system 2 displays

anarchy

And at first I was going to do the possum in one tank and a tanakas pygmy wrasse in the other but wasn't sure if the pygmy would take care of the bristleworms

SkullV

And at first I was going to do the possum in one tank and a tanakas pygmy wrasse in the other but wasn't sure if the pygmy would take care of the bristleworms
I'm fairly certain they will eat/behave almost the same. Frankly I'm not a huge fan of them unless you have very little rock. The only time I've ever seen one out in the open in a well stocked tank was in [MENTION=1277]jrpark22000[/MENTION] 's but all of his fish are extremely well fed so the agression (and necessity to hide) is reduced.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Neither will eat bristleworms from what I've seen. The pygmy is a live pod only eater and it's mouth is way too small to eat even a small bristleworm.

anarchy

Neither will eat bristleworms from what I've seen. The pygmy is a live pod only eater and it's mouth is way too small to eat even a small bristleworm.
What would you recommend for the tanks my size because I've got some good size bristleworms. Some are 3-4"

jrpark22000

Premium member
In a 30? To be honest, nothing that would be happy. Other than watching out when your hands are in the tank, they are harmless IMO.

anarchy

In a 30? To be honest, nothing that would be happy. Other than watching out when your hands are in the tank, they are harmless IMO.
The reason I ask is because I think 2 of them ended up killing my big hermit with anemone. All parameters were fine and he just died out of nowhere and when I pulled him out 2 bristleworms about 3-4" crawled out of his shell

jrpark22000

Premium member
They are very opportunistic and great scavengers. It's not likely it killed the hermit, but was probably quite happy to clean up the mess. Any empty shell in my tank has one or two worms in it. Lift any rock or coral from the barebottom and I'll find a couple too.

anarchy

They are very opportunistic and great scavengers. It's not likely it killed the hermit, but was probably quite happy to clean up the mess. Any empty shell in my tank has one or two worms in it. Lift any rock or coral from the barebottom and I'll find a couple too.
Yeah I wasn't sure if they got in and the constant stinging finally did him in or what but it was probably not related

anarchy

Thinking about tossing the 27 cube out of the picture and replacing with a 60 or 93 rimless, but I'm scared to tell my wife haha. Maybe I'll just make it a suprise

Thinking about tossing the 27 cube out of the picture and replacing with a 60 or 93 rimless, but I'm scared to tell my wife haha. Maybe I'll just make it a suprise
back to what I said earlier lol you shoulda got one big tank lol

Stand looks good though

anarchy

back to what I said earlier lol you shoulda got one big tank lol

Stand looks good though
Yeah I know but this was supposed to be a budget build that was only going to take 2 months. Now it's looking like the stand will be done sometime in September if I'm lucky. So the tanks won't be up until November and that's my b day so mise well try to upgrade lol

anarchy

I got the original tank that I started my freshwater fish with back. It's a 55 gallon. I was trying to decide if I should use it in the system and cut the 2 29s out or what??

anarchy

Okay guys this build is getting back on track! I'm going Monday (if home depot is open) to pick up the rest of the wood I need. Should only take a couple days if the wife will let me work but probably more like a week or 2 until the stand is completely finished. Then time to start buying the equipment

anarchy

Looks like equipment will be dc3000, 4 x rw4, reef octopus 125, 2x 250w hqi 14000k halides, 2x 4 ft t12 actinic bulbs

anarchy

Wrapped the stand today. Have to cut holes for doors paint the inside and stain the outside. The inside has silicone so water won't get on the floor in case of a leak. Looks like it'll be done and inside by next weekend :)