• Yes I would join 2 heads

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Thanks, Will. Frag looks good. Will the description of the contest come up here or are you starting a new thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William Lutman

ok 8 of 9 frags are picked up. I have one spot open if you know anyone wanting in.

We will do 1st and 2nd $70 and $40 assuming we can get all 10 slots taken

One check in first week of December (3 months)
Final first week of February with payout then.

You must keep frag on same plug, you must be able to show plug # to collect (it is on bottom too)

Feedback welcome - let me know if I am missing anything

Smitty

Premium member
I'm already out. My frag didn't make it. Good luck to everyone else. :)

Sent from my Note 5

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
[MENTION=1185]William Lutman[/MENTION] and the rest of the growout

1st would we all agree to take a lower payout to give [MENTION=21]Smitty[/MENTION] the left over that never sold (is it is still available?). I for one, vote yes.

2nd, I'm pretty forgetful. If we have to wait 3 months for post number 1 I'm definitely going to forget. To make it a little more enjoyable (and not at all mandatory or punishable) I'd like to post month pics and get some smack talk going! Still only two count to the growout and the rest will be for fun (and optional)

Who is up for it?!

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Here is my temporary home for this guy.. Getting ready to swap over tanks..

bretts05jeep

Defiantly not about prize money for me. Its a really awesome idea to offer to take a smaller prize in order to keep someone in it and would be glad to do it if necessary. I am happy for the opportunity to get a rare frag that I probably would not see for sale at a lfs. I hope to see more of these I would be willing to spend $50-$75 on an even more rare or colorful grow out frag.

skyon888

I'm all for bringing Smitty back in with the extra frag! Not about the prize money for me either, but rather to see the different growth rates when looking at the different setups/husbandry techniques.

My tank is an LPS dominated mixed reef and the equipment is all in my sig. I perform bi-weekly 15 gallon water changes (reef crystals) and try to change out the carbon/gfo every 3 months. I grow chaeto and pitch a volleyball size chunk about every 6-8 weeks. ATO is simply a gravity feed to a float valve, and I dose kalk at night every 30 minutes via a Tom's aqualifter (dose about 2 gallons fully saturated/week). Only other dosing I do is throw a shot of Kent Tech M every so often to keep Mg up and the same with baking soda if I see Alk dropping.

Here's a shot of the frag on the 1st day:
View attachment 12704

And a few days ago:
View attachment 12705

Status
Not open for further replies.