60G Cube Dream Tank!

xtlosx

OK, so it's been a long time and figured I need to post some more pictures.. I've added a LOT of nice SPS pieces since the last time I posted pictures, and my RBTA has gotten just ginormous! The frogspawn I picked up, has gotten much larger, and is getting closer to the Acans, and my long tentacle plate... some time ago, there was atleast 2-4x the space in between them!! Everything is growing, and the SPS are encrusting and growing as well.

The pictures are iPhone quality, but working on getting a nice camera in the coming months, so you will actually see the real deal then! Enjoy, and welcome comments.

FishBeard

Maybe I could swing by sometime in the next couple weeks with my D70 and trade a few pics for a demonstration what kinds of flow you get out of those vortechs. Im debating saving my overtime pennies for a few weeks and either droppin on a pair of 10s to mount like you have, or a single 40 mounted to the side glass. Maybe seeing what kind of flow you get can convince me one way or the other.

xtlosx

I don't dose anything, but half way trough water changes I do a little calcium and strontium.... Other than that nada!

xtlosx

tank is looking great!

the sweepers on that torch are crazy

Thanks!! When I feed, the sweepers multiply and I get like 20-30 of them out, and some of them get up as high as the Vortech which is almost a foot upwards from the Galaxia. I love this coral, and REAL happy it is on it's own in the bottom corner here, otherwise it just would get really nasty.. It's growing too, so at some point will need to figure out how to frag it and pass some on to people to control it.

Here is a picture from yesterday, with a very weak couple sweepers.

xtlosx

Maybe I could swing by sometime in the next couple weeks with my D70 and trade a few pics for a demonstration what kinds of flow you get out of those vortechs. Im debating saving my overtime pennies for a few weeks and either droppin on a pair of 10s to mount like you have, or a single 40 mounted to the side glass. Maybe seeing what kind of flow you get can convince me one way or the other.
I just realized what you said here! Sorry man, yea come by anytime... I need some nice pictures of this cube as my iPhone doesn't do it any justice...

I'll supply the beers.

xtlosx

OK, so just wanted to post another status update as to what has been happening...

We removed our tank bred Occ. as there was some aggression toward the wrasse (out of the blue one day). The Occ chased the wrasse around all day, tore some of the wrasse's back fin off so he had to go.. Now we are left with just the two clowns, (saddleback & baby onyx).

Also added an ORA Spotted Mandarin who has been nibbling at the occasional mysis, but is right now chomping on pods. We have plenty and I'm doing my best to give them the environment to multiply like crazy in the fuge (phyto live dosing, and rotifers).

Anyways, so this morning I took a video with my iPhone to show the progress. The RBTA that was once the size of my fist now almost goes from side to side in the cube. This guy is a MONSTER and hasn't split. I fed him weekly for a while but the past month have fed nothing. Ironically enough, my GBTA which used to be huge when I first got him has gotten much much smaller, and the RBTA has gotten much much larger. I'm wondering if there is some chemical warfare going on or something, but I have increased feedings to weekly on the GBTA in order to keep his health at an optimal level.

Also, do anyone else's torch look like mine? The tentacles when the MP10s hit it properly can easily be about 12-16" long. It's absolutely insane and has gone from two heads to now six in a couple of months.

Anyways, enjoy the video.

Reef cube - YouTube

FishBeard

I had the same issue with my rbta, just got too large for my tank wayyyy too fast, now that it's gone, I have another smaller one for my baby semi-snows to play in while they are captive growing out. I attempted to get it off the rock and it committed anemicide leaving part of its foot in the rock work. PM me your number, I'll let you know when I'll be available to come out and take a few pics for ya.

xtlosx

Nice tank! I have to say, I've never seen a torch that has such long tentacles.
You're telling me.... I've seen a lot of torches, and have never seen one like mine. Dunno what the hell kind of mutant I have, but everyone who comes over loves it.

I had the same issue with my rbta, just got too large for my tank wayyyy too fast, now that it's gone, I have another smaller one for my baby semi-snows to play in while they are captive growing out. I attempted to get it off the rock and it committed anemicide leaving part of its foot in the rock work. PM me your number, I'll let you know when I'll be available to come out and take a few pics for ya.
Will do!

Kdog420000

You're telling me.... I've seen a lot of torches, and have never seen one like mine. Dunno what the hell kind of mutant I have, but everyone who comes over loves it.

Will do!

Wow. I really enjoyed this thread!Just ordered my 60G cube yesterday! :rapture: I'm sending you a PM with a few questions. hope you dont mind!

xtlosx

I was bored and our RBTA is just getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger, and well bigger... It's amazing looking. Some updated shots as I walked by the tank this afternoon.