60G Cube Dream Tank!

xtlosx

Alright... So Saturday, and a credit card at MCF and I come home with this!

Blue Maxima Clam (2.5")

Japanese Green Bubble Tipped Anemone

xtlosx

Here is ours :)
They are absolutely beautiful.. We weren't planning on getting one initially, but when we saw them, it was meant to be! We actually picked the largest one, didn't realize it at the time but he's the size of a freaking grapefruit.

We got there around 12:30 and hung out for an hour gazing at everything, but eventually left with the GBTA, Maxima & a firefish!

Our little reef is buzzing with life, very happy!

Another addition to my tank setup is I just picked up a nice APC UPS today, 750XL, so 600W of battery backup. We rarely, and I mean rarely get power outages here (2-3 in the last 3.5 yrs), and this will get us through this quick brown-outs in case there are any. Nabbed it on craigslist for $50 and the guy lived down the road from me. Score!!!

xtlosx

Well our lovely GBTA is looking beautiful, but positioned himself on the back of the rock work... We literally have to stand at the side of the tank to see him.. He's been moving slowly since last night, and I don't think he's done moving. My hope is that he moves across the back of the rocks, then perches himself on the left side of the tank.... Lots of light over there.......

We're watching him with anticipation, and hoping he continues to move... if he doesn't in a couple of days might angle the power head his way to get him to scoot ;)

Have to say, when I can see'em, beautiful anemone!! Just wish he would perch himself on the front for all to see, especially our clown.

xtlosx

Some more pictures.... Caught Oscar our Lawnmower Blenny in a personality pose.. heh, perched on our power head and our new firefish we got on Saturday, Diablo.

Twitch

Man those lawnmower blennys can get huge Bill has one in his huge tank thats like 6in and fat as a hotdog lol

xtlosx

Was bored, and picked up our first SPS today! Pretty excited, and ended up getting an ORA Orange & Green Birdsnest. The structure of it seems very cool to me, so decided to snatch it up for $10! Looking forward to the process of watching it grow and flourish.

xtlosx

Alright, so just wanted to share some new updated pictures of the GBTA in the new spot that it found for itself..... On the back of my rock work (doh!)... He has actually been trying to deflate and squeeze himself every couple of days through this tiny arch underneath him to face the front of the tank, but has failed every time... Always going back to this spot though!

He seems happy, healthy and content to stay in that spot, so I'm leaving him be... Going to feed some shrimp today or tomorrow.

Tangency

Nice looking setup. I am a big fan of the cubes also, they lend themselves to the minimal scapes. Your Bubble tip looks awesome!

xtlosx

Another little update... Picked up a beautiful multi-colored Frogspawn (Thanks customdusty) & a lobo (Thanks TheReefNinja)....

Also picked up some various SPS (Thanks again Dusty) and will figure out where they will go shortly, just wanted to show off this awesome Frogspawn... My perc is curious and cruising around the front of the tank.

Both are looking good! Some pictures below. Sorry my camera & associated skills with what I have blow, but this baby is beautiful.

Tangency

Sorry my camera & associated skills with what I have blow, but this baby is beautiful.
Do you have a white balance feature on your camera? Usually labeled "WB" If so, you should mess around with it... it will adjust the amount of warm/cold color rendition to give your pictures a more accurate/truer color.

xtlosx

Do you have a white balance feature on your camera? Usually labeled "WB" If so, you should mess around with it... it will adjust the amount of warm/cold color rendition to give your pictures a more accurate/truer color.

Yea, I have been trying auto at first, then fluorescent..... I'm trying!!