Alk, Calcium and Magnesium Supplements

goat585

Administrator
What supplements are you using to boost your Alkalinity, Calcium and Magnesium. I getting my reef tank back up and running and wondering what supplements you prefer to use.

Thanks

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I use BRS Kalk in my topoff for alk and cal. I use BRS mag, but don’t think about it too much...just a couple of squirts from time to time.

I keep some BRS alk in hand for emergency adjustments, but rarely use it.

Firedawg1983

I use the aquaforest components 1,2,3. Seem to be very well. I’m trying out the tropic Marin a,b,c but So far I’m not really sold on it as it doesn’t really have magnesium as as one of the primary components. Aquaforest 1,2,3 has everything plus trace elements

JimXRS

For my 45g I started dosing Polyplab's One. I don't follow the instructions though since that tank only has smaller SPS corals. I dose 1 cap every other day and my levels are stable at 8.5 for Alk and 440 for Calcium. I don't test for Mag.

fishyfish22

Premium member
Calcium reactor if you can. But when my levels dropped I used the red sea powdered stuff to bring it back up

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I use a calcium reactor for the last year, but I am a huge proponent of Kalk. It’s really easy and it super cheap. It can keep up with all but the most very demanding tanks packed with SPS. I always just added it to my ATO tank and never had any problems. No special equipment needed.