Aquatic Experience Chicago - Nov 6-8 2015 in Schaumburg

jrpark22000

Premium member
Video of the pico for those of you not able to attend. I stopped by the Deep Blue booth this morning to let them know the tank was on display. Two of their guys had to stop by to see it. Both were quite shocked to see it runnign as is with all the work to make it a feasable pico reef.

There's been several photographers and videographers recording the tank, don't be suprised to see it elsewhere :D

[video=youtube;-cRKme1T20I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cRKme1T20I[/video]

Dragonfish

My only gripe about the show was that all the tank raffles are tomorrow. Today all they raffled was pretty much crap so I passed. Josh, thanks for not putting up a pic of me cleaning the floor! :D

Just got home from todays' day and I got lucky enough to win a 12g nanocube from JBJ. Was definitely not expecting that. Otherwise I really enjoyed it. I went with a friend who does freshwater and he liked how much they had for him to see. I will definitely go back next year.

anarchy

Well it was a pretty good day. Went with [MENTION=2027]1000rrstunna[/MENTION] and kyle (not sure his username).

Wanted to stop by again and see aquapros before I left but ended up forgetting.

Of course had to go keep [MENTION=1277]jrpark22000[/MENTION] company for alittle while. Got to see [MENTION=4]lunacris[/MENTION] again. And met [MENTION=1673]ReefDweller[/MENTION] for the first time

All in all it was a good time

jrpark22000

Premium member
video from one of your youtubers at the show. He even got [MENTION=719]Beefy[/MENTION] in a quick shot @3:25

[video=youtube;hDU3cb0Aj9o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDU3cb0Aj9o[/video]

r33fswagg3r

Premium member
It was nice hanging out and talking jrpark22000, wish I could have been of more help at the booth greeting people but there was alot going on that only I could get done, lol. Awesome job running the booth. Next year we can do split tv screens, one showing the forums and one cycling through the pictures of the month over the last year! I'll bring in couches and tables, turn the booth into a living room for people to come in, relax, and talk reef.

Cubano32

Premium member
It was nice hanging out and talking jrpark22000, wish I could have been of more help at the booth greeting people but there was alot going on that only I could get done, lol. Awesome job running the booth. Next year we can do split tv screens, one showing the forums and one cycling through the pictures of the month over the last year! I'll bring in couches and tables, turn the booth into a living room for people to come in, relax, and talk reef.
Well I was talking to a buddy who has an inside scoop for next year and he says they won't be doing it again here it will be out of state not sure how much of that is true tho

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Well I was talking to a buddy who has an inside scoop for next year and he says they won't be doing it again here it will be out of state not sure how much of that is true tho

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I really hope not. Or at least if they do it better be a reasonable distance from here.

7Hogwarts

Premium member
I spoke with Frank Reece about if the show would return. He said it hadn't been decided. but with attendance up and sales up. I would think they will be back.
I have been told that they do a similar show already in other parts of the country.

I was there all 3 days. And I have been there all 3 years. Yes, there was more freshwater, but the saltwater was good. And a great event to catch up with old freinds, listen and talk with the speakers. I did pick up a few nice corals as well.

skyon888

I had a great time, my 3rd year as well (didn't realize it's only been going on for 3 years now.) I'm not as upset about the freshwater as I keep a freshwater planted tank as well.

Always nice to chat with Dave from aquapros, spoke with Josh a for a bit and picked up some frags and a small serpent star.

The only thing I'm bummed about is that I picked up a carnation coral from beef's reef thinking it was just some fancy type of leather/softie. The girlfriend really liked the coloration so I asked the woman working the booth if it is the same requirements as other softies (low light/low flow) and she said yes. I should have whipped out my phone and looked it up but didn't want to be rude. Well it hasn't really inflated and after researching it last night i see the requirements and I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose it. Ah well live and learn.

superchargedgp

I had a great time, my 3rd year as well (didn't realize it's only been going on for 3 years now.) I'm not as upset about the freshwater as I keep a freshwater planted tank as well.

Always nice to chat with Dave from aquapros, spoke with Josh a for a bit and picked up some frags and a small serpent star.

The only thing I'm bummed about is that I picked up a carnation coral from beef's reef thinking it was just some fancy type of leather/softie. The girlfriend really liked the coloration so I asked the woman working the booth if it is the same requirements as other softies (low light/low flow) and she said yes. I should have whipped out my phone and looked it up but didn't want to be rude. Well it hasn't really inflated and after researching it last night i see the requirements and I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose it. Ah well live and learn.
What are the requirements and what kind is it?

skyon888

[MENTION=21]Smitty[/MENTION] to the rescue!! Thanks for taking the carnation off my hands bud, hope it does well in your seahorse tank!

Smitty

Premium member
[MENTION=21]Smitty[/MENTION] to the rescue!! Thanks for taking the carnation off my hands bud, hope it does well in your seahorse tank!
No problem bro, I think it'll do fine in there, lots of feedings and low light. Thanks again sir for the extra.

Sent from my Note 5