Aside from reefing, what are some of your other hobbies?

DD

"Rambo"
Well, we all know we enjoy our various marine creatures.

What other hobbies do you all enjoy? What are you passionate about? I've always felt hobbies are necessary to keep you sane. We live in a highly stressed country, and without an escape, a healthy escape that is lol, we would all go nuts.

I'll start first. Many of my closest friends know that I get bored and lose interest in various hobbies I get into. There are some that have lasted a lifetime though, aquarium keeping is one that I know I'll always be actively engaged in.

So aside from reefing my most favorite to least favorite are as follows:

Golf (used to play to a single digit handicap)
Mountain Biking
Firearms Collecting (I'm one of those strange people that enjoys cleaning my guns lol)
Photography
Guitar (currently own 2 acoustics, 1 classical, and three electrics)
Gaming (PS3 FTW)
Disc Golf
Fishing (rod and reel, fly(have tied my own for a while))

I'm sure I'll think of other hobbies I've enjoyed, just can't think of any at the moment other than the above.

So what do you all like to do with your spare time, other than keep our awesome aquariums?

Jep21

My extra hobbies are:

Basketball and keeping up with the nba regarding teams players scores and stats
Movie goer and collector Have about 100+and counting Blu rays
Gamer.. PC/PS3/PSVita/Xbox360/Wii/Nintendo3DS
Thrift shopper/garage sale shopper with the fiancé
Photography
Swimming/kayaking/wake boarding/surfing

Jep21

Well, we all know we enjoy our various marine creatures.

What other hobbies do you all enjoy? What are you passionate about? I've always felt hobbies are necessary to keep you sane. We live in a highly stressed country, and without an escape, a healthy escape that is lol, we would all go nuts.

I'll start first. Many of my closest friends know that I get bored and lose interest in various hobbies I get into. There are some that have lasted a lifetime though, aquarium keeping is one that I know I'll always be actively engaged in.

So aside from reefing my most favorite to least favorite are as follows:

Golf (used to play to a single digit handicap)
Mountain Biking
Firearms Collecting (I'm one of those strange people that enjoys cleaning my guns lol)
Photography
Guitar (currently own 2 acoustics, 1 classical, and three electrics)
Gaming (PS3 FTW)
Disc Golf
Fishing (rod and reel, fly(have tied my own for a while))

I'm sure I'll think of other hobbies I've enjoyed, just can't think of any at the moment other than the above.

So what do you all like to do with your spare time, other than keep our awesome aquariums?
U still need to give me ur psn account dam it

thinkfuture

Other than reefing, I reef at my spare time. If I find additional spare time then I reef again. If any more I go to reef forum & talk about reef (Most often I go to reef forum & talk BS). Now that I have a little bit of additional time I have come to realize I reef!

Culprit

Fishing,Sleeping,Guitars & Guns,not necessarily in that order :)

Funny I was just gonna start a thread if theres any musicians here Ha!

superslinky911

Completely agree with needing hobbies to maintain your sanity here with that said my absolute passion is music and if I was to ever go deaf I would have a awsome library in my brain because im listening to it all the time.

Play guitar, drums, used to have some turn tables, and bought a violin a while ago but haven't been practicing like i should
Computer gaming- war thunder atm its a awsome game thats completely free would highly recommend it if your into plane dog fighting simulator
Playing with my 3 dogs
I wouldn't call it a hobby or even enjoy it but i get satisfaction from fixing and maintaining my vehicles (if you guys ever have any question I would be more then happy to see if I can share anything helpful)
Extreme relaxing
Most of the energy and $$$ is for the aquarium tho which I enjoy much

Kamreefer

In my spare time i just play alot on the electric guitar and making music

Also

Lol
Lifting
Im going broke between fish guitars and protein

CoralN00b

Awesome thread.

I also am a big time gamer. Have all the systems. (PS3, X-Bawx Circle, PS Vita, 3DS, Wii, PSP, etc, etc, etc)

I am also into handguns. I love cleaning mine too DD. I spend alot of time at the range.

I enjoy paintball but I have not been out in a while. Same with Golf, another hobby of mine.

I smoke hookah and cigars regularly. Don't tell my doctor though.

I also read comic books, graphic novels, other types of books.

I also am involved in charity from time to time. Mainly Military and Veteran supporting ones.

I also am exploring the world of scotches and craft beers now. Chit I have alot of expensive hobbies.

Let's not forget taking care of my wife.

Cub21rak

Keeping up with my girls (4 years and 2 years) makes it a little difficult to do to much on mine own.
I like boating(own a sailboat)
I play coed softball during summer
Going to the beach also walk around the marina
Biking with the family
Camping (own a 2011 jayco 18d hybrid which is the one that's a trailer yet has 3 queen beds that fall out kinda like a popup has the end beds.)

7Hogwarts

Premium member
Beer! I love going to Beerfests! I also have the worlds largest collection (or so I've been told) of US microbrewery pint glasses. As crazy as it might seem I have more $ in the pint glass collection than I do in my reef system.

A couple other hobbies I'm into are fishing and hunting. Bow season is just around he corner! Also, I'm big into firearms I have a couple handguns but I like long guns more. I love being able to shoot 600 yards accurately. I collect shot glasses as well so if anyone has some interesting ones let me know :D I love cars mostly sports cars like my Camaro ss :car: whiskey, beer, the bar, and hanging out with friends

sarahwoods

A couple other hobbies I'm into are fishing and hunting. Bow season is just around he corner! Also, I'm big into firearms I have a couple handguns but I like long guns more. I love being able to shoot 600 yards accurately. I collect shot glasses as well so if anyone has some interesting ones let me know :D I love cars mostly sports cars like my Camaro ss :car: whiskey, beer, the bar, and hanging out with friends
Omgosh I feel like you and my husband would hit it off. He does ALL those things too. He is currently trying to get me into bow hunting. I recently got a Compound bow and he has been taking me to the archery range and teaching me how to shoot. Not sure I ever really want to hunt with it but I am loving the target shooting that's for sure! :) Good luck this upcoming hunting season, I hope you get a huge buck!

sarahwoods

Oops I forgot. I should say my hobbies too:
-Scuba Diving
-Hiking
-Fishing
-Paintballing
-Metaldetecting (I know I know...it's a hobby for 90 year old men not 20-somethings but hey we have a blast with it)
-Fossil Collecting
-Coin and Currency Collecting

PsychedelicNano.

I've been disc golfing for 9 years. I haven't played as much since I moved to the city but I try a new course everytime I head west for the fish stores. Dom, let me know if your ever interested in playing.