Aside from reefing, what are some of your other hobbies?

BigKev23

Volleyball - been playing for 13 years and play 2-3 nights a week year round, plus blind draw tourneys
Golf
Fishing
Hunting
Guns
Drinking Whiskey and Beer
Burning meat in my smoker
Also recently got into cigars

Nxt

Computers/networking/etc (my career as well)
Offroading - Jeeps
Handguns
Lots of Cigar smoking and craft beer drinking
PC Games and 360.

Jep21

Volleyball - been playing for 13 years and play 2-3 nights a week year round, plus blind draw tourneys
Golf
Fishing
Hunting
Guns
Drinking Whiskey and Beer
Burning meat in my smoker
Also recently got into cigars
we seriously should set up a Chicago Reefs VB game in the weekend lol.. im getting the itch to spike on someone lol

Herbie

Banned
Interesting post and interesting common hobbies. I guess we're all wannabe scientist tinkerers at heart.
In no particular order, the hobbies I on which have spent more than $1000 or 100 hours (something has to be a qualifier to be a "Hobby")
Bonsai
Camping (traditional and survival)
Climbing
Fishing
Hunting (birds these days, larger game when I was younger)/Collecting projectile launchers in general
Working/Tanning Hides
Sewing
Mountain Biking
Paintball (Woodsball, Scenario)
Water Polo
Scuba Diving
White Water Rafting/Kayaking
Surfing (I can stand at least)
Snow Skiing
Snow Boarding
Skydiving
Bungee Jumping
Roller Coasters
Gaming: NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Wii, Wii U, PS, PS2, PS3, XBOX 360, Atari 2600, PC, and Android platforms currently operating.
Theater/Improv Comedy
Disc Golf
Volleyball
Golf (terrible)
Bowling (also terrible)
Off Roading
Carpentry
Landscaping.
Geocaching
Wrangling my two sons.

My name is Herbie and I have Hobby ADD.

MrDemonicAngel

I have ADHD when it comes to hobbies so I'll only post the hobbies I'm into for the past 5 years only.

Video games (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PC, iOS)
Golf - course
Golf - range
Golf - mini
Cars
Photography
Gundam models
Collecting action figures
Watching movies, TVs, anime
Collecting movies, TVs, anime (300+)
Perler Bead art
Scuba Diving (only once so far but always dreaming of going back in the water watching youtube clips and NatGeo documentaries)
Paintball
Bicycling
Camping
Drinking
soon giving up most of those for the hobby of baby raising :peace:

trackfast

Princess Trainer
My hobby is taking care of my three year old daughter and transporting coral. lol I guess I still consider myself a skydiver but I "retired" after my daughter was born. My screen name is actually a skydiving phrase. I have a humidor and nice cigars but I don't smoke. I used to play VB many years ago and that's something I definitely miss. Eating at nice places is something my wife and I still get to do.

sarahwoods

Scuba Diving (only once so far but always dreaming of going back in the water watching youtube clips and NatGeo documentaries)
I can't decided which of my hobbys is more addicting my tank or diving!! I do know that they both take all my money though! haha.
I hope you get to go diving again soon! Are you certified? If not I would highly recommend getting certified with a guy named Rami through Scuba Sensations! He will work you a deal and is a really nice guy!

rmeugene

Premium member
Currently I enjoy hunting - both bow and shotgun for deer and all types of bird hunting but have only been doing field goose hunting the last few as I do not have a trained dog or water to hunt.

Sarah - I shot archery for MANY years before hunting and enjoyed it a lot. Used to be involved in quite a few archery leagues.

A while back I did do a significant amount of training and judging hunting dogs for HRC. I have always dreamed of backpacking and do own all the necessary equipment but age and healt have made it that I might not be able to realize it(anyone interested in some nice equipment? :)).

Enjoy fishing and owned a boat for about 5 years...unfortunely it was during some 'transition' time with regards to work so after two years of not using it at all I sold it. Currently looking for another...

Spending significant time with my family was/is ALWAYS my #1 priority. With the oldest out of the house and the youngest a sophmore in college I am finding more time to get back into hobbies...although the trips down to Monmouth to see my son take up a lot of the time! He is a snare drummer in the marching band. Oh yah...lugging drum equipment all over the place to my son's gigs was a major hobby!

BigBarnacles

Interesting post and interesting common hobbies. I guess we're all wannabe scientist tinkerers at heart.
In no particular order, the hobbies I on which have spent more than $1000 or 100 hours (something has to be a qualifier to be a "Hobby")
Bonsai
Camping (traditional and survival)
Climbing
Fishing
Hunting (birds these days, larger game when I was younger)/Collecting projectile launchers in general
Working/Tanning Hides
Sewing
Mountain Biking
Paintball (Woodsball, Scenario)
Water Polo
Scuba Diving
White Water Rafting/Kayaking
Surfing (I can stand at least)
Snow Skiing
Snow Boarding
Skydiving
Bungee Jumping
Roller Coasters
Gaming: NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Wii, Wii U, PS, PS2, PS3, XBOX 360, Atari 2600, PC, and Android platforms currently operating.
Theater/Improv Comedy
Disc Golf
Volleyball
Golf (terrible)
Bowling (also terrible)
Off Roading
Carpentry
Landscaping.
Geocaching
Wrangling my two sons.

My name is Herbie and I have Hobby ADD.
You're boring.

Siebo

Premium member
Keeping it short!

sail boat racing (one design) for the last 7 years. 9 man crew on this team.
Including several races to Mackinac Island

Power boating
Anything that takes me off shore pretty much.

Reefing and more reefing

With the 2 year old there is not much time for any thing else.

GBeck87

My two favorite hobbies are PS3 and drinking beers lol i also golf, geocache, fish and bike ride.
Psn-Q_lazzarus_
Send me a request

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

jrwoltman

Scuba diving
Left 4 Dead 2 on PC
Reading, fantasy stuff, like Jim Butcher's Dresden Files
Cooking, while drinking wine and/or hard cider
Working out

capysolo

Motorcycles
paintball
Video games
Wood working
remodeling my house

Unfortunately with work and the house, not much time for the others...

DD

"Rambo"
Cool stuff everyone. We all have a lot in common!

I kind of figured most people on here would have more than one hobby.

Two others I forgot to mention are movie watching (not sure I'd call it a hobby, but for the purposes of this thread, let's say it is), and also book reading. I've read so many books it is completely absurd. They usually have a lot to do with a current fascination or hobby. Major types of books I read are political, scientific, war, some conspiracy (I find some of the theories pretty amusing), I've also read a ton of religious texts (the Bible, the Koran, the Torah, nearly all of the antiquity mythological texts, etc.) the only ones I have yet to read are the Indian texts, just haven't had the time yet. You can add in books on nearly every hobby I've ever been involved in.

I'm sure there are others hobbies I've forgotten that will come up.

Keeping them coming everyone, great stuff so far!

vpaul1979

I should add, I'm very much in American history. And not the garbage major publications put out, but the real history written by our actual founding fathers.

Aquaman

all real gibsons.

Left to right

1980 Gibson explorer with the 24 volt emg mod
1959 Gibson sg with a bigsby trem and hand made tony iommi pickups
1660 gibson reissue with the fill jimmi page mods
1980 Gibson heritage flying v stock

I also have 13 other guitars suck as limited Ibanez h.r. giger guitar ect... but the four gibsons are my favs

I also have a 30 piect roland digital drumset ...( biggest anyone ever sen digital lol :)