Aside from reefing, what are some of your other hobbies?

Cub21rak

Keeping it short!

sail boat racing (one design) for the last 7 years. 9 man crew on this team.
Including several races to Mackinac Island

Power boating
Anything that takes me off shore pretty much.

Reefing and more reefing

With the 2 year old there is not much time for any thing else.
What kind of power boating do you do? Can you share any pics of your off shore excursions?
Is your race sailing boat your personal boat or a team you man? I'd love to give that a shot sometime. The sailing I've done is twice on my 83 macgregor 22' and on a friends 26' macgregor.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
I work hard, but no longer play hard. (It used to be the opposite, lol) When I'm not working, I'm usually doing something with my wife and 2 young kids (9 & 7), seems like we're never home. When we are, we watch a lot of movies in our home theater. I really like drinking wine so recently I've began enjoying the occasional wine tasting or vineyard tour. Once the kids get a little older I'll get back to golfing on a regular basis and probably find something else with a high level of adrenalin!

Siebo

Premium member
What kind of power boating do you do? Can you share any pics of your off shore excursions?
Is your race sailing boat your personal boat or a team you man? I'd love to give that a shot sometime. The sailing I've done is twice on my 83 macgregor 22' and on a friends 26' macgregor.
It is a team I race on. The owner lets us take the boat out when ever we are not racing it. Sweat equity! Nice perk without having to own it. It is a 36.7 ft Beneteau First design. I will post some pictures later when I have some more time.

Several friends have power boats to play on. Most of the time it is out on a 32ft Tiara. We just hit the play pen for the most part.

jonnyb4ss

I use to fish almost 100 days a year but since I got into reefing that has dropped down to bout 50, any ice fisherman out there, usually get laid off on the winter so I spend alot of time sitting in my clam stairing at my vexilar lol

steveo9043

My other hobbies include:

Cars- my current pride and joy is a 2012 45th anniversary Camaro ss.

I also have a 2005 equinox

Computers- I work on them and have built custom computers. (Problem is I spend more on them then I sell them for!) lol built a $1300 tower and sold it for $700.

Fishing- I haven't done much this year but I do it when I can.

Culprit

all real gibsons.

Left to right

1980 Gibson explorer with the 24 volt emg mod
1959 Gibson sg with a bigsby trem and hand made tony iommi pickups
1660 gibson reissue with the fill jimmi page mods
1980 Gibson heritage flying v stock

I also have 13 other guitars suck as limited Ibanez h.r. giger guitar ect... but the four gibsons are my favs

I also have a 30 piect roland digital drumset ...( biggest anyone ever sen digital lol :)
Is that a real 1959 SG ? Original ?
Thats like the 1st year they were made.
What the hell is it worth ?
why would u change the pickups ?
Do u have the original pickups ?

Skateboarding: Pools and bowls, halfpipes, not into street that much. Been riding for 28yrs.
BMX dirt jumps and track, used a couple times at the Elgin BMX Track.
Surfing, kayaking, snowboarding, riding waverunners, jet skis, snowmobiles, dirt bikes, atv's, 3 wheelers, motorcycles.
Cruising around in my 91' Toyota MR2, saving up for a 2GR-FE swap, coilovers, body work and paint.
Watching movies, documentries...
Camping, hiking
Scuba diving and snorkeling
Lived in SoCal: Exploring the tide pools at White Point Beach by San Pedro was always fun and the ones by La Jolla Cove. One of the local skateparks I went to was the where I met a ton of pro skaters from Dog Town of Zboy days to present.
Researching history on my birth family found them last year 8/2012, Cherokee and German ancestry.

Aquaman

OOPS MY BAD >.. MY SG IS A 69... the first sg was made is 61 ... never had the original pickups... unfortunately ... but yes its all original(cept pickups) ... lets say they all are worth a lot.. i have them as the prize of my collection

my best friend knew Tony Iommi and gave him the picks ups.. and he gave them to me .. these were actually wound by MR Iommi himself...

i almost got one of tonys (frank burtch guitars) with the crosses on the fretboard... actually used on stage but ... before my friend could give it to me he passed away :"( Tears (RIP BROTHA)

Culprit

The name "SG Special" actually first surfaced on a Gibson guitar in late 1959, when the name was applied to the double cutaway Special with rounded horns that had previously been listed as a Les Paul since 1955. In early 1961, however, the SG Special underwent the same radical redesign as the iconic Les Paul Standards did that same year.

Thats why I was shocked when u said 1959 SG , That would be priceless !

A 69 isnt a bad SG either especially with those Iommi pickups,ur a lucky man !

My son is actually saving up for a custom Frank Burtch Guitar also.

Pigpen80

I'm going to chime in. Hobbies include:

Fishing (wading for smallies, pond fishing, in the boat, and just got into ice fishing)
Boating
Camping
Music
Guitar/bass own 4-5 (prize possession is 1965 fender deluxe reverb original blackface)
Concerts
Gaming (Xbox COD)
Watching/listening sports
My 2 year old takes up all of my time now, so I'm stuck reefing

Reeflogic

I must be the most boring person on here, after reading through this!

I used to play some online games, enjoyed "raiding" with large groups of online friends, but I just can't find the time to do that anymore.. (EQ, WoW, etc.)
I used to ride scooters, from cruisers, GSX'Rs, dirt to supermotos, but haven't had one in several years now.
Haven't golfed in 15+ years lol
Never jumped out of a perfectly good plane, I did fish and hunt for many years in my Texas days

I am a father of 3. Ages 24, 16 and 6 (remarried on the last one haha) So most of my energy is spent dealing with a teenager...
If I'm not messing with a tank, I guess I'm enjoying a cold beer and some form of sporting event, with my wife, who luckily enjoys sports as much as I do ;)
OH and lately I have been lurking these boards more and more, I consider it a hobby based on Nate's "time" theory.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I work a lot because I actually enjoy my job for the most part. When not working, I like to work out a lot. Running, lifting, spinning, mostly high cardio. Im not trying to be a muscleman. I'm doing my 5th marathon in about 10 days. Obviously I spend a bunch of time running. I've finished in the top 3 percent in the past.

I was really into skateboarding through college. Had a half pipe in the back yard for 5 or 6 years. I try to get to the Wilson skatepark a few times a year, but now that I'm thirty four, I simply suck compared to the youngsters. I was also heavily into snowboarding when I was younger. I still take a trip out west at least once a year.

I just recently got into fly fishing after a backpacking trip in Wyoming last summer. This is something I want to do more of in the future.

Other than that, I spend a lot of time in restaurants and bars around the city.

Aquaman

reef logic your not boring i used to play ( dark age of Camelot...everquest (when it first came out).... diablo..guildwars... wow...) and i have prolly over 1000 computer..xbox..psx games...

your into supermoto??

ever hear metal melisha (not matellica) or team faith ?? we have them guys over at my church all the time

that's the teams my pastor rides with (pastor lary dean) Extreme life Ministries

lol he also does mma (hes a bad aZZ )