Battle corals grow out comp

#theMatrix

2 Radions XR30W Gen 4 Pros running sps AB+ at 90% and 1 hour of 95%.

2 MP 40s running at 60% 1 Gyree at 60% (everyone forgets flow)

CA 420
Alk 8
Salt 35ppt
Mag 1380

Phos. 018
Nitrates 3
My most important question.
Location in tank distance to surface and light.

RuNvS

I have been really bad with the updates on mine #12 I will take a picture tonight and post tonight! It has encrusted some I had an issue with AEFW shortly after I received my frag and finally got rid of them in the beginning of December and it has pulled through the constant dips with no issues, everything is on track and looking good now!

RuNvS

Looks starved...
ULNS?
No, It has gone thru alot the past few months and is starting to recover, I dont test my NO3 or PO4 I also dont do anything but a water change once a month and have a big skimmer and Fuge. Most of my corals look great with great color I think this one is just taking a bit to come back from the constant dipping it went thru last October.

#theMatrix

Orange gel filter, best 15ish dollars you can spend to take pics of tanks
But then the colors arnt true.
I try to change the settings to match the true color. The orange trick is to exagerated colors....if that was how we all saw our corals.

We would wrap our tanks with orange tinted film like window tint.

Somewhere someone is reading this browsing a catalog on orange tinted film now.

GugsJr

TeamCR
The colors are true, I'll take two pictures with my DSLR when I get home and you tell me which is which.

1 will be gel filter the other with a white balance.

The filter just removes the excess blues, what's not a true picture are those over saturated pictures you see online/ facebook. Where you see people holding frags and their hands/egg crate/plugs are blue or any other odd colors.

#theMatrix

That's easy I look for the odd colored stuff. Look at the frag plastic. I know it's not orange. Only stores use neon colored plexi frag racks. So the hell filter is on the bottom photo.

And so being able to get the red color on the top photo editing all the stuff on the camera.

All this was edited after I read your comment above about the gloves being blue.

Yes that's true. Look up a couple of reef tanks here. And you will see what I mean where they don't edit the exposure iso etc. And the sand looks black but the colors look neon on corals. Have em wrap up the tank in orange glass tint

GugsJr

TeamCR
Do you think my waltD actually looks like this?

Probably not unless your rocks are blue. It won't diffuse that much blue. If you want to see what actual white balance would do. Here is a pic of my WD with a proper white balance. The gel filter is a quick fix for closer those without the ability to white balance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk