Betta fighting fish club..:)

DD

"Rambo"
Man, nice betta's guy's!!

You jerks are making me want to set up my deep blue 2.2 cube now with a betta LOL!

Joe5688

Made it to the office. Even the lowest setting on the pump has the little guy resting up against the overflow grate so I think I'm going to get a timer and just have the pump run for 10-15 min a day. That'll stir everything up, have it run through the filter pad/carbon, and should keep the water level in the front consistent without me having to top off daily.

If anyone wants that lIght that is on Teds tank I have one I can pif.

SkullV

Upgrade!

Added some driftwood, Java Fern, Anubias nana, Amazon Sword, a Moss Ball, and a little Juli Cori. Betta seems much happier and is way more active swimming around the plants.

SkullV

Thanks Joe for the light from the Evolve 8! Cut about 2" out of the neck and bonded it all back together. Then painted with black Plastidip. Can barely notice it was modified and it is almost double the light output of the Evolve 2 light. Here is a PAR chart for the light over a 13 x 13 x14 tank (mine is 9 x 9 x 10):

Before:

After:

Come on guys, I'm sure some of you have updates for your betta tanks!!

jm23

I don't own any bettas, but I stumbled upon this video and thought you all would enjoy it:

[video=youtube_share;saiCxypusbA]http://youtu.be/saiCxypusbA[/video]

Swttgirl

My betta thinks he is a dog. He needs to be hand feed because he will not chase after food and he nudges my hand when I clean his tank.

pensiveone

Nice tank Wilson! Making good use of that vacation.
I originally tried to set it up with a dirt substrate under the gravel, but no matter how I set it up I could not keep the water clear. After two attempts I gave up and just went with straight gravel. I'll start betta shopping after I get back from Michigan.