Betta fighting fish club..:)

Neebles

Get me two beta today! :) I was in Bolingbrook to pick up a light so I stopped at aquarium adventure. I've got them in two separate tanks right now. My main goal to do is use a 5gal tank that I have. Get 2 glass pieces and section off the small tank to be able to fit 3 betas in it.
you can also use the plastic craft mesh to make dividers in a tank, its pretty easy. This will allow good flow throughout the tank without having to drill the glass. I can also tell you in a 5 gallon tank divided into 3 sections with glass dividers, it will stress out the Betas quite a bit, especially the one in the middle. If you are going to do something like that I would advise putting up some silk plants along the dividers to help block the view. You will also want to give them each a hiding space, like a small clay pot, or PVC. Honestly, if you can i would maybe divide the 5 gallon into only 2 sections. While betas can live in smaller areas, they do like larger ones, and 2.5 gallons per fish is better in my opinion (yes just an opinion). I had a 20L divided into 4 sections using light defusers (egg crate) sandwiched between 2 pieces of craft mesh...That allowed good flow throughout the tank, plus made it harder for the fish to see each other. I found some cheap, but really nice sponge filters(Betas dont like high flow) on ebay and placed one in each section, and a heater in the middle. It worked out really well. I am by no means an expert in this field, so take my advise for what you will!!!
Let me know if you have any questions!!!

Sorry if any of this has already been brought up, i didnt read through the whole thread.

Last edited:

BigKev23

Agree with the post above... glass dividers are going to stress those bettas out since they will constantly want to fight each other.

SkullV

How's everyone's Bettas doing? The stuff in my tank is growing great under the Evolve 8 light. 3 drops of Flourish and 3 drops of Excel twice a week with 2 solo cup RO water changes twice a week as well. I've had to prune tons of leaves off to keep enough open area for the fish. I have a small algae issue that has been getting better with the water changes so hopefully it goes away. The Juli Corey also likes to eat it.

BigKev23

Mine is doing great. I've been doing 90% water changes once a week and my java fern has several new leaves. I took out the large rocks and converted to a sand bottom.

I have been looking for a small tank with filtration and lighting to move this one into though.

BigKev23

Just ordered a new tank for my betta.... a Marineland Contour 3g setup.

Will post pics once it arrives and I get it setup.

emilybear91

Emily brought this little guy home yesterday. He's one of the most colorful I've seen. He's in a 2 1/2 gallon tank with a little filter and a couple live plants out of our freshwater tank. Going to add some sand or gravel soon.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SkullV

So how is everyones' bettas and tanks doing? My tank is still kicking. Chemiclean treatment did an amazing job with the green slime algae and Flourish Excel along with a "mystery snail" and Otocinclus keeps the hair algae to a minimum. The Otocinclus replaced my Juli Corey who passed away when I was stuck out of town for 10 days. Driftwood still leaching tannins, but I do a 1g (pretty much entire display volume) water change every week or 2 so it helps. Now I just need to wait for my banana plant to grow some new leaves as most of them died or turned brown during the slime algae outbreak.

BigKev23

Mine is doing great as well... my original betta died when I added a baby pleco from Petco that apparently had ich. So I have a new dragonscale betta and also a new pleco that is keeping the tank spotless.

Last edited:

roilciuc

So I finally found a pure white betta. He was stupid skinny when I got him and his tail was torn off, but hes a strong, strong eater. Check out this nest he built! I've never seen a nest this large before. If anyone knows someone who can get me a pure white female, please pm me because I'd like to start breeding these. Someone needs to do it. View attachment 5200

maidia

Team CR
My new Moon Tail King betta..

[video=youtube;2ZU-SUH2Cns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZU-SUH2Cns&feature=youtu.be[/video]

maidia

Team CR
Time for fighting...

[video=youtube;hpttlgMdgVs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpttlgMdgVs&feature=youtu.be[/video]