Beyond the Reef - Schaumburg

Bliss Creative

I have to give these guys a shot out.

When we had a mishap in our tank, when the in tank heater blew up and killed everything in the tank, except for the RBTA.....The owner of Beyond the Reef said he would hold onto the RBTA until we redid our tank, at no charge.

Of course, we bought new LR and LS from them and redid the tank. They held onto the RBTA for a month for us.

They were a HUGE help and i wanted to give them a shot out on here.

Those guy are great, very helpful, and have decent prices.

OpTiCz

I like them too. Some stuff is expensive, some is reasonable.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Cubbies

I love BTR as well. One of my top LFSs for sure. Some things can be overpriced but at the same time some can be very reasonable. For example they don't do designer names or any of that sort of thing on coral. I've been lucky enough to find some really nice pieces for a great price. Fish I think are very reasonable priced. You have to look at their location as well. Rent is by no means cheap there. They have to make to make the month. That's why I say, looking at where they are located their prices I would say are very reasonable(at times!)

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
I stocked half my tank from those guys when I started reefing. Great store, just wish they had more sps.

DAS212

this place just got a new owner, it has about 4x the selection it use to have and they actually carry expensive equipment now like lights and mp10s so you dont have to order them and can see how they work. Awesome store IMO

gfd71

+1
just went in the other day and they carry the ai sol's. talking with one of the guys theyre getting som radions for their front tank. i love going there when i get a chance. their tanks are always clean and fish and coral always look healthy.

Joe5688

I went in and i saw the same owner. Just looks like they are remodeling. also their prices were a bit steep. Not as steep as AA but on average 10-$15 more for fish then rw and about $20 more then AP