BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got another infraction from RC second one in two days. The first one i underrstand because I was talking about MCF and I didnt know I wasnt allowed to. The second one I talked about a store up north ....which could have been numerous stores....including fish planet and they gave me another infraction and told me i am an idiot. I started to reply with a go ****yourself but I do enjoy some of the info that comes out of there sometimes. JERKS

Pufferpunk

Join the club. After my last ban (banned so many times I can't even count), I didn't even ask to come back (was only supposed to be for 30 days or something), nor do I ever even check the threads there anymore.

Tank2379

Follow the rules. It's not that hard. You knew exactly what you were doing when you said a store up north and so did they. I got a short probation for saying "the store in highland park" but after a short polite e-mail to a mod and an apology I was off probation in under a week. Let's face it, small forums like this are great but there is a very narrow base of knowledge and experience they can never match an international site like Reef Central.

It's just not that hard to follow the rules. I have 3 warnings and two infractions over there. All of them were 100% warranted just like the issue in question here. Don't hold a grudge over something small and you will be back in business like nothing ever happened.
+1

Pufferpunk

This forum is not a business venture. It is entirely funded by Michael. I was not on staff here until I decided not to go back there. I know I could have gone back there if I apologized for something I didn't do. Not only have I no interest in doing that but they actually apologized to me for the mistaken ban but said I had to stay banned for 30 days, just to prove a point. No thank you, I have no interest in doing any more "business" with RC.

afish70

I am curious as to what exactly is their problem over there. Ya know what, if you have "the power" to ban someone then you are a **** dictator. Do they really think they are Gods? Get over your **** selves, bring your asses to me in person and lets see how you really are. I have not and absolutely will not ever accept that someone is put "in charge" because they have "X" amount of posts or whatever. These forums are here to educate everyone in the hobby. If you really think you know everything, Pucker up cuz you don't know ****, and you sure as **** ain't God so stop thinking & acting like you are.

If I have offended anyone I am sorry, but GET OVER IT AND HELP SOMEONE IN THEIR LOVE OF THIS HOBBY!!!! I f you have a problem with that let me know and we can discuss this further. Thank you in advance and AI am not trying to offend anyone at all, just not the nicest guy when it comes to POWER HUNGRY butt munches!!

afish70

Well guess what there are plenty of rules out there. Correct?? and there are also people placed in charge that are "power hungry" not?? Sooo, if these 2 are combined, could there possibly be some BS going on then? I think so. I know I received something because I mentioned the name of a "LFS" that the Mods had previously had problems with. I knew nothing of this happening and merely asked for the heads up on them before I went there, the next thign I know I get something reaming me out. Seriously, that is BULLSHIT! I say if you want to chastize someone make sure they know why you are tearing them apart, alright?

jcarlilesiu

Follow the rules. It's not that hard. You knew exactly what you were doing when you said a store up north and so did they. I got a short probation for saying "the store in highland park" but after a short polite e-mail to a mod and an apology I was off probation in under a week. Let's face it, small forums like this are great but there is a very narrow base of knowledge and experience they can never match an international site like Reef Central.

It's just not that hard to follow the rules. I have 3 warnings and two infractions over there. All of them were 100% warranted just like the issue in question here. Don't hold a grudge over something small and you will be back in business like nothing ever happened.
I am not a member over there. Never have been.

But what exactly is the rule?

You can't mention a retailer on the site? If thats the rule, then I don't intend on ever going there. That would simply be stupid.

Somebody clue me in to exactly what the rule is?

jcarlilesiu

Classy post. Moderating the 75th (last I saw) largest vbulletin forum on the planet is not an easy task. Have you ever talked to one of the moderators over there? They are very level headed people who are just doing their job. It's really pretty simple, if you break the rules (for instance getting the profanity filter 4 times in one post) you get an infraction. Enough infractions and you get probation, keep it up and you get banned. Does your workplace have any rules? If so are there repercussions when they are broken? Same concept, different forum (no pun intended).
You are correct Skull that it is a business adventure, and you better believe that a forum as large as RC is bringing in some pretty big dollars from site advertising and sponsorship.

Just like a bar, if you start simply tossing people out onto the sidewalk by over bouncing every sitaution, people will simply stop coming. It doesn't matter how many people want to give you advertising dollars if the advertising base dimimishes.

Sounds to me like RC has some pretty strict rules, with some pretty harsh reprocussions, and fail to provide level headed examination of the situation from BUSINESS perspective.

They need to realize that the are making the money they make because people visit their site. WIthout those people, its really hard to get sponsorships, advertisers, and other sources of income.

Because of all of the comments here, I have no interest in joining RC. If enough people are like me, I hope their rules were worth their sites failures.

People have to agree with the level of rules to not leave because of them. Sounds to me like the majority of their members think their rules and punishments are over the top.

poidog

Does anyone know what MCF did that you can even mention the town they're in? I HATE that RC censors stuff, does not promote free and open discussion.

I talked to mcf in person and they said they have no idea what they did but the rumor was they were giving someone discounts to promote their store on reefcentral

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Pufferpunk

I was always one of the 1st people to stand up for the mods & help enforce the rules when one was broken. Heck, I was even up for being on staff there for a while & have sent mods frags & eaten dinner with some of them. In 5 years & 20,000 posts, I only got a few infractions. There were a few of them that just didn't like me. I just think they were sick of seeing me posting there & wanted me gone. I know for a fact they were watching me, just waiting for me to do something wrong so they could ban me. They even apologized for doing so. Said I could come back in a month.

The problem with some of their rules is they won't tell you about some of them until you've broken them & gotten an infraction. No one really knows why MCF can't be mentioned. I saw them mentioned one day & after mentioning them myself the next day, I got an infraction & a note saying I should have known better. When I told them I didn't, they apologized but the infraction stayed put. They are power-hungry a-holes who have nothing better to do than enforce rules without even telling you why or what for.

I have been running my own forum for 10 years & pretty much modding it all by myself for all that time (my Mods are weak, at best). I put up with a LOT there, because my goal is to help puffers, not moderate people!

i got banned for r c for something my brother said on his home computer on RC and because me and my three other brother use the same computer at our family business to log in on RC they baned us all i ask why they said because my brother got baned and the rest of my brother join after he did they said it just one person with many log in names my brother emailed them and said banned me i don't care but its not fair to banned the rest of my brothers they respond by saying everybody says they have a brother and the banned will never be removed that what happen when a local mod does not like you

Pufferpunk

I talked to mcf in person and they said they have no idea what they did but the rumor was they were giving someone discounts to promote their store on reefcentral
They also falsely accused me of doing that with my LFS. I was only trying to be helpful when someone was looking for a specific coral/fish or if something cool came in. No harm in that... Never got a single freebie from them.

jcarlilesiu

You can mention any retailer you want provided that retailer has not been banned. If you mentioned a banned retailer thry will give you a warning (0 points) however if you continue to do it you will get a real infraction. The issue here is that you are ONLY hearing the opinion of people who have an axe to grind. The vast majority of people who have joined RC (appx.250,000) are still over there enjoying thru membership, wealth of information, and following the rules.
This forum has 250 membersand how many of them have claimed to be banned? That doesn't look good for the site.

The fact is that no matter what you want to say about it, RC is and will remain the powerhouse reeling forum on this planet regardless of the few people they lose because they don't like the rules. They have a ton of sponsors, plenty of free flowing information, and plenty of devoted members (many of which are true marine experts in their fields) and small local forums like this will never be a threat to them.
I don't think anybody claimed this forum would be a threat. Their own ability to piss off seemingly many members is the only threat. They are not the only forum with all off the attributes listed.

Sent on tapatalk for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.