BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePee

I'm heading out the door but when I get back ill shed some light on the MCF ban. I have spoken personally with the person who initiated their banning.
so if small forums like this will never be a threat, why is a person not even allowed to mention a small forum like this one without getting a warning or infraction?

there is a point to having a TOS and rules enforced, but they overstep their boundaries to the point where the rule is in place no longer to protect their site or their users, but to censor their users from speaking freely. That site is the North Korea of reef forums.

Pufferpunk

why is a person not even allowed to mention a small forum like this one without getting a warning or infraction?
Warning??? I was banned forever & all I did was send our pres a private note!

poidog

I promoted them all the time and I didnt expect a discount. How can RC prove that it would just be he said she said. That is so bogus.

Pufferpunk

I meant it as a PM but since it opened in the visitor message for Bob, I figured it didn't matter. My ban was stated as "mining members for another site". It was only to our pres, no one else! Are they that afraid of losing members??? They got 5 years of my time invested in them, they know better than to think I'd be stealing members. Heck--they let me link to my puffer site all the time.

Pufferpunk

IMO, they lost a very valuable member in me. I used to get many, many PMs asking me personally for help in reef, puffer & VC issues.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I got an infraction bc a RC Moderator thought I was talking about this website even when I actually had another one in mind; I had mentioned no names, cities or states.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
Be that as it may, if you were truly passionate about helping reefers learn about puffers and VC you would suck it up, apologize, and get back over there. If not, the information will still be out there, people will still own puffers, dose VC, and have reefs successfully whether or not you are an RC member.

Did you get an infraction or a warning? Was it your first time receiving such an offense? People often confuse a warning (0 points) with an infraction (points).
Sorry; I stand corrected. I was "warned" even though I never mentioned a website. (Thank you Ted.)

jcarlilesiu

Lets be realistic here. while this forum has a membership of 250 there are MAYBE 30 active members. out of those members maybe 2 have have had true bans which would have been reversible
if the banned member would have been polite and not held a grudge.
You mean kiss their *** and beg for the ban/suspension to be lifted, right?

Sure there are plenty of other of other forums to choose from but none of them have the membership base, knowledge base, level of available experts, and sheer level of traffic that RC does. these small local forums are great but there is no question asked here that would not receive a broader level of answers and experiences on the CMAS section of RC.
Why do you keep comparing this site to the larger sites. Nobody is claiming that they are the same, only you are presenting that argument as if you think that it is going to validate your position on the discussion. Its neither justifies nor validates RC over zealous moderating and irrational levels of enforcement.

As far as RC being the biggest/best/knowledgeable... I don't necessarily see that as a good thing. Typically in those environments, you get a bunch of blow hards trying to make everybody else on the interwebz believe that they are the most knowledgeable expert blah blah blah. I am a active member on aquariumadvice.com and compared to RC and what little reading I have done on there from search results is a much friendlier and welcoming environment to assist people in this hobby. Not stroke their own ego.

in fact it would be better for people new to reeling to at least get a taste of a larger forum since the response thry will received here is so narrow compared to the hundreds of thousands of members on a forum like reef central.
Apparently you have fallen victim to the stroking of their egos.

If there is one thing I have learned about this hobby, its that everybody has a different opinion. People who are insecure and don't really have much going for them outside of reefing need to try and validate to everybody else how their opinion on an issue is right.

Rather than offering opinions, common knowledge, and assistance, it turns into a big pissing contest.

Maybe you see that as good for the HOBBY, and for new members. I think that its harmful, damaging, and pathetic.

jcarlilesiu

I meant it as a PM but since it opened in the visitor message for Bob, I figured it didn't matter. My ban was stated as "mining members for another site".
LOL.

Is the owner and moderators that insecure?

They think that if anybody mentions another site that suddenly everybody will leave? They think that mentioning another forum is more damaging than banning members over that type of insecure infraction.

How pathetic.

jcarlilesiu

Be that as it may, if you were truly passionate about helping reefers learn about puffers and VC you would suck it up, apologize, and get back over there. If not, the information will still be out there, people will still own puffers, dose VC, and have reefs successfully whether or not you are an RC member.
Ted, are you intentionally trying to be an *** here?

Who says things like that? "You won't be missed". Are you serious?

From an outsider looking in, I understand the concept of standing on your principles. Not letting people push you around because of their own selfish and insecure issues. RC is obviously over board on their expectations of moderating and preventing discussions of other forums and retailers because they think that it might hurt their own site... or they need to get their cut.

Puffer, from me to you. Good for you for standing on your principles. We appreciate the knowledge and experience over here. Don't apologize to them for their own non-sense.

Screw them. When they push all of their members away, will their fanboys still defend their ridiculousness?

trackfast

Princess Trainer
" You mean kiss their *** and beg for the ban/suspension to be lifted, right? "

If I could kiss a**, I'd probably be farther along in life! lol I'm still on RC, Uberfrags, here and other forums. Take what you can from each forum and benefit from the knowledge. JMO. :)

Tank2379

It could have been someone that wanted to get them in trouble. Hard to prove that.

(Your Right Cubzbiggestfan it is BS)

But- Poidog

Frankie, sponsors are protected here. If you have a problem with a sponsor that you can not work out between the two of you in a PM, please notify a moderator. What has happened on FB, UF, or RC does not apply here, and should not be brought here.

You are 100% sure that it was ONLY a PM that you mentioned this site to Bob in? Like I said before, as of a few months ago (last time I had admin privileges on a vbulletin forum) there was no provision in the vbulletin software for any mods/admin to access or read your PM conversations.
i recived my second infraction for pm a reefer about something i had for sale and i am 100% sure it was a pm so i know for a fact they read your pm

skullu if rc is so great then why are you on this site all the time why don't you go on rc and tell people to join cr that right the mods wont let you so why come here and try to get people to sign up on rc most will end up back here anyways try to support Chicago reefers maybe small today but in the future who know maybe it will be as big and better then reef central site

I was banned over 6 monthes ago for a pm of something I was selling to and they banned me for it to saying I was a store. If you message any mod all the mods get to see it they share all the mail I have a ton of emails to back that up from beerguy and the others.

+1 onepoorreefer. I still look at some of the threads on rc and don't say that they don't read the pms they were talking about mitches clownfish and people were trying to give his # out and the blocked in on the thread and in the pms so whoever you are talking to on rc is handing you a line of bull

Status
Not open for further replies.