BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

unreal

With all the vulgar language going on here its amazing you don't get banned here as well..... It's really poor tact swearing especially when young reefers can join this site and see the way some of you are talking.... Everyone says they don't care they got banned but everyone wants to keep talking about it, i'm not sure i understand the logic..

fastrc

Follow the rules. It's not that hard. You knew exactly what you were doing when you said a store up north and so did they. I got a short probation for saying "the store in highland park" but after a short polite e-mail to a mod and an apology I was off probation in under a week. Let's face it, small forums like this are great but there is a very narrow base of knowledge and experience they can never match an international site like Reef Central.

It's just not that hard to follow the rules. I have 3 warnings and two infractions over there. All of them were 100% warranted just like the issue in question here. Don't hold a grudge over something small and you will be back in business like nothing ever happened.
That is 100% incorrect, I did nothing and they know i didn't and i got banned forever for being at this forum. They are immature idiots that mod that site and it will always be that way because the administrator could give a (hoot) less about who the mods pick out and ban!!!!!!~They cater to the people they like and ban the people they don't PERIOD!

it's bad because if a mod personal does not like you all he has to do is banned you that not right they should have more then one mod vote you out

fastrc

Wow for all the young people that never heard that word before I meant bullship
I really didn't think it was all that bad, i just have to keep it off for some members are annoyed by any language that involves (cuss) type words.Like i said sorry but i had to!

Hey I'm cool with keeping it clean. Rc just stinks and are very unjust in the ways they run the forum and when people stick up for them not knowing what and how they do things just makes some of us a little upset but I don't miss being on there at all hate watching every little thing said

poidog

Wow this thread got heated.
Skull - I like you and I understand your point, but you are being a bit if a bully on this.
Frankie - that's sucks that it came down to you reporting them. But I'm not questioning your actions. It just sucks, but oh well. Can you get my warnings/infractions taken away on RC for mentioning them and not even knowing they where banned?! Haha

unreal

Wow for all the young people that never heard that word before I meant bullship
That's not the point. It's a little thing called tact of which I see you have none.... some of you people wonder why you were banned well maybe you have open mouth insert foot disease. Just use a little common sense before you type.

ColaAddict

I think everybody needs to chill out. Respect each other's opinion. Skull, no need to leave CR, we value your knowledge on the hobby. Don't take things so personally, and maybe stop all the personal attacks and name callings.

Pufferpunk

I've decided closing this thread because I felt personally insulted, is too much like the folks we're complaining about.

In response to the post:
Be that as it may, if you were truly passionate about helping reefers learn about puffers and VC you would suck it up, apologize, and get back over there. If not, the information will still be out there, people will still own puffers, dose VC, and have reefs successfully whether or not you are an RC member.
Ted is very new to these boards (I actually sent him over from my puffer forum) & doesn't know my loooooong history with RC. I have sucked it up & apologized for the last time. Do you know that even after an apology letter for something I was accused of I didn't do, they said it wasn't good enough, I needed to grovel more?

As far as my contribution to the hobby... There are far better experts than I on SW puffer advice but for BW/FW puffers I do have a lot of knowledge to offer. I have been running the #1 puffer forum in the world for the past 10 years & have gathered together the top people educated in the science & long term success of keeping these exotic pets, all in one place. That is why RC has always let me link to that forum, because they know this. I have written countless articles on puffers & their care for TFH, FAMA & WWM, have served on the Crew for Bob Fenner's forum at WWM for many years & written all the puffer fish profiles for the book: Encyclopedia of Exotic Tropical Fishes, with the likes of Axelrod. I think I have something to offer any site on puffer fish that very few have to offer.

And as far as vitamin C--I started a thread on this that has grown to close to 1000 pages. There are folks all over the world that are improving their tanks, corals & fish's health, because of my findings & spent a lot of my free time answering many, many posts & thousands of Qs on this, in addition to the countless PMs I got daily at RC asking for advice.

How dare you question my passion in this hobby!

poidog

Jenni - close this thread down it's gotten way out of hand.
I wouldn't be mad at you if you waved the ban stick either... haha j/j :viking:

jcarlilesiu

If it were me, I wouldn't lock this thread.

Doing so is similar to what RC does. This forum is full of people with different ideas, opinions, and positions. The only real education comes from allowing everybody to openly express themselves.

Though I think it was wrong for the personal attack, infact I defended Jenni, I think that it would be wrong to lock the thread.

If somebody wants to edit out swear words and the like, I think that is understandable.

Its easy to see who the aggressor was in this thread, and who inappropriately and disrespectfully attacked others. Its over.

I guess I am opposed to locking threads everytime there is a disagreement.

Pufferpunk

I agree, which is why I reopened it. I can't lock a thread, just because I feel insulted. I do not want this to be a power thing. I want to be a fair moderator here. :)

poidog

I agree with you Jake, but some times things just go to far. If everyone has pattered themselves out and this thread gets buried into the archives... great. But if it keeps going on and name calling/poor language/etc... then it should be locked up and thrown away.

Status
Not open for further replies.