Chicago Reefs 2nd annual cookout EXTRAVAGANZA!

November 17th, 2012

• 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10th

• 17th

• 24th

• Total voters

luckyme0670

Deff a great BBQ..food was awesome .. people were awesome.. tanks and deals were good.. can't beat it... Had a great time..many of u I know.... Many meeting for the second time .. and some for the first time... Wish I had a home of my own ...would make the chi reef BBQ a monthly thing ....Joe thanks for the great hospitality

gomery12

Had a great time for the limited time that I had. Did my raffle ticket win anything? I left it with my name on it? Anyway, nice meeting a lot of you for the first time. Now to add the 9 pieces to the tank!

BigKev23

Awesome BBQ/Mini-swap... I had a great time!!! Big thanks to Joe for hosting!!! It was great meeting everyone that I hadn't met before and seeing other that I don't see very much. Now we need someone with a big basement for the next one during these cold months.

Saledo

Just got home, had a BLAST at the BBQ and best of all no liability issues to be found! :fish:

Great people, nice to see some of the same people that were at the first BBQ come out again for the 2nd, and a lot of new faces!

Thanks to the sponsors that donated goods & gift certificates including Reef City Aquatics, Reefwise, and Mike for having CR kick in some also! A special thanks to Reef City Aquatics for coming down after the store closed down with even more great deals in person, and also delivering that awesome pink hammer, Dan is lucky to have picked that deal up!

The visit to Reefwise before the BBQ was as great as always, Brian really has a great selection, everyone make sure you harass Walt to see his newest addition ;)

Thanks to everyone who brought items for the PIF pile, the diversity of that giveaway was extraordinary, and the way Herbie organized it was masterful and made it as fun as the raffle!

JOE! Well done my friend, the problem with these great events is how to step it up next time! Herbie we need to get you a bullhorn for your MC duties ;)

Someone was taking pictures I hope they post them.. I just grabbed a quick pic of the frag tanks that were setup

View attachment 8692

gomery12

Awesome BBQ/Mini-swap... I had a great time!!! Big thanks to Joe for hosting!!! It was great meeting everyone that I hadn't met before and seeing other that I don't see very much. Now we need someone with a big basement for the next one during these cold months.
1750 sq ft. But I'm in champaign

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

catalano

It was a great time! Thanks joe for hosting it, me and my gf had a blast. so nice meeting everyone and doing trades with. I have soooo many new corals im going to be busy all night. everyone was really nice and even my gf said she loved everyone and wants to be friends with you all lol. cant wait for the next one :)

frostyjay1

what a great time. it was great to meet soo many people and make a killing at the same time. i brought 4 frag to swap and came home with 19. plus all the pif stuff. cant wait to do it again. special thanks to Joe5688 for opening his home to us and being a great host. kudos buddy..

catalano

It was a great time! Thanks joe for hosting it, me and my gf had a blast. so nice meeting everyone and doing trades with. I have soooo many new corals im going to be busy all night. everyone was really nice and even my gf said she loved everyone and wants to be friends with you all lol. cant wait for the next one :)

I forgot to say thanks to emily joes gf for hosting the party also. thank you!!!

Herbie

Banned
What a great time! Joe and Emily, thank you for opening your home to us. The sponsors; Reef City Aquatics, Reefwise, Living Sea Aquariums and Mike (Eyereef) were so generous (and Walt too!). (LSA showed up after work with 3 additional gift certificates so random numbers were used to pick the winners 2 were not there but Joe will let you know, oh and Gomery12, pm me your address and I'll send your RCA cert that you won!).
I picked up a clam at Reefwise before the party and I'm still counting all the frags I snagged from the surprising selection everyone brought. The CR family definitely proved, once again, that we know how to party. Sorry for shouting at all of you for so long. :D I can't wait for the next one!
View attachment 8693
View attachment 8694

bennyblanco

Yes, thanks Joe and Emily! That's was one great BBQ! Thanks to all that brought food and drink! Also, Thanks to everyone that bought and traded frags! I have a bunch of new zoas! It was really fun chatting and getting to know everybody!
Brett

Smitty

Premium member
I'm glad to hear that everyone had a great time. Good job everyone...and a special kudos to Joe. :)

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Joe and Emily, Thank you!!! Was a great time and was great to see so many new faces..
Here are some pictures of the party

Herbie

Banned
I'm so glad you brought your camera Dre. I don't remember the little person but it wouldn't the the first time I've said that about a party. . .