ChicagoReefs.com Summer 2012 Palythoa Grow-Out Contest

FishBeard

CONTEST WILL OFFICIALLY START: August 1st 2012 AND END November 1st 2012.

Cost to enter is $30 Pre-pay via Paypal Personal Gift (or cash if local). PM for PayPal info and to be added to the list.

Simple rules to follow:

1. Must do a brief writeup of your system (eg. size, flow, light, placement of the paly, coral food, fish, etc) with initial photo of frag in your tank.

2. Monthly updates with progress photos is encouraged, but not required. Extra updates are allowed for bragging rites!
***Members that post for all 4 check-ins (initial, 1 mo, 2 mo, final) may be eligible for an additional prize drawing.

3. No cheating. If your polyp dies, you are out. If your polyp comes free of your frag plug, it MUST be re-mounted to that same plug.
You CAN do as you like with your frag plug, stick it in the sand, cut the stem and glue on your rocks, all is fair in this regard,
but the disc of the plug and the polyp on it must remain intact.

4. Final Check-in is required ON TIME, with post time-stamp showing no later than 11:59pm on the last day of the contest.
***Failure to check-in by the deadline date, or not including photo with final check-in will result in disqualification.

5. In the event of a TIE at the final check-in, the winning members will go into a "sudden death" race.
The first member to grow an additional polyp on their frag, and post a picture clearly showing all polyps will be the winner.
This will continue unil there is a clear 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners for the contest.

6. Members are encouraged to actively participate in the grow-out thru this thread. Possible additional mini-contests or surprise
announcements may be posted during the comeptition that will give members opportunities to win additional prizes.

7. Have fun. This is a friendly competition amongst all us local reefers.

Not following the rules can cause you to be disqualified with no refund

The prizes will be issued as follows (as of 8-1-12):

Grand Prize: $150 sponsor credit & Coral Compulsion Par38 kit (includes 36w 20,000k bulb & gooseneck lamp)
Second Place: $100 sponsor credit & One-of-a-kind 12 plug ceramic frag cave (w/ 12 extra frag plugs)
Third Place: $50 sponsor credit

Sponsor credit will be issued to the winners choice of site sponsor/vendor.
Shipping charges are NOT included in the prize, and must be paid by the winner, or from the store credit if sponsor allows it.
***Prize totals will vary based on total participants and will be adjusted as required.

Sign up now! PM is Key, contact me directly to be added to the list and arrange pickup and payment of your frag.
List will be updated as frags are paid for and picked up.
As per the contest logo, there are plenty of polyps to go around, so the only limit to contest is deadline date.
Polyps will be cut to order, so take advantage and get in early!
Entry fee of $30 covers contest prizes, cost of polyp, frag plug, glue, and fresh blades for cutting.
Sponsor credit payout of contest is $TBD per participant.
Any remaining funds from this contest will be used on supplies for the next contest.

Participants:

1. SkunkerX - PAID - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
2. Prov3:5-6 - PAID - Picked up - 1st
3. lunacris - PAID - Picked up - 1st
4. gonebad395 - PAID - Picked up - 1st
5. helitaiwan - PAID - Picked up - 1st
6. m.miller1547 - PAID - Picked up - 1st
7. catran - PAID - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
8. Cub21rak - PAID - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
9. jeppun21 - PAID - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
10. cromag09 - PAID - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
11. DaveWF - PAID - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
12. lysy85reef - PAID - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
13. William Lutman - PAID - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
14. Herbie - PAID - Picked up - 1st
15. Tbonekilla - PAID - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
16. Funlad3 - Paid - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
17. NxtGenCowboy - PAID - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
18. Chicagophil - PAID - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
19. jayjigga - PAID - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
20. Tethered_Limbs - PAID - Picked up - 1st
21. db9181 - PAID - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
22. edsbeaker - PAID - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
23. Saledo - PAID - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
24. riv - PAID - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
25. kerber13 - PAID - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
26. blackhawks - PAID - Picked up - 1st
27. Adyn - PAID - Picked up - 1st
28. Gomery - PAID - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
29. Siebo - PAID - Picked up - 1st - 2nd
30. Cubbies - PAID - Picked up - 1st

*** Please note, this will be our first "premium" paly grow-out.
*** As such, a larger portion of the entry fee will be going towards the initial cost of coral than usual.
*** Payout will be dependent on total participants and entry fees collected.
*** Please direct any questions, comments or concerns directly to me via PM to discuss.
*** Thank you!

mr_z

I'd like to join but all depends on where pickup for frag is and when it starts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FishBeard

Pickup will be in Streamwood typically. There may be days when I will be out at LFS like AquaPros a little further east and can arrange to meet people there. Or if we arrange a burbs meet and eat, I can bring some frags with for people going to the meet.

We can discuss shipping for an extra cost, but you will take the risk if you lose your polyp in transit, there will be no DOA protection.

DaveWF

Not that a drive to Streamwood is out of the question for me, but if you're going to be at AquaPros, I may have to meet you there. It's only 10 minutes from the house - That's kinda dangerous!

cromag09

I would be driving from Kenosha so if anyone near the WI/IL boarder wants I could pick up for you and then we could meet up for a drop off.

Prov3:5-6

i can pick up for the south burbs. as long as you guys dont mind pickin up at my house ooorrr i may deliver if you have frags for delivery payment

m.miller1547

Lol. I copied wrong pic. Lol. U can still buy em and pick them up from fishbeards on Wednesday. Maybe with you growout frag. :)

Herbie

Banned
Pm sent. I am in for sure, but I would be deeply in debt to anyone that could ferry my piece north a ways. I could meet around Northbrook or Round Lake. LMK, thanks! (And thanks for the paly wrangling Beard)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

William Lutman

Pm sent. I am in for sure, but I would be deeply in debt to anyone that could ferry my piece north a ways. I could meet around Northbrook or Round Lake. LMK, thanks! (And thanks for the paly wrangling Beard)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Herbie
I am in lake Zurich and work in Libertyville, so I can help

Will

Cecily

Woooooo! About time for the summer grow out! I'm really excited to get this started! :D

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2