ChicagoReefs.com Summer 2012 Palythoa Grow-Out Contest

DaveWF

Here's the other "open" polyp. Of course I scratched it when I was turning the plug so it's been all closed up for awhile. I guess this would be number 7?

Sent from my awesome phone using TapaTalk

Funlad3

We need a good definition of "open", as mine has been popped for a few days, while you have two popped polyps. Unless you want to try and work out a prize split of course!

FishBeard

I want to see 6 polyps open in a pic or video. Like if you went to a LFS and want to buy a frag and they charge PP, you wouldnt be arguing with them if that counts as a polyp or not.

Funlad3

At this point, I wouldn't be opposed to splitting 3rd place. It would be $25 to a sponsor, for each of use, right?
Right, although I owe a friend $30 to BRS. Could we do $30-$20 and I'll throw in an SPS frag to help you restock your tank? :)

DaveWF

I'll let him confirm, but I think Ben & I are OK with a $25/$25 split. Assuming that is the case, I'd like my at AquaPros

Funlad3

We're all good with splitting! Could you give my credit to Erik Kerber (Kerber13) to BRS? I owe him money... Thanks! :D

FishBeard

Do u know what the price per polyp is retail?
I dont believe there is any "retail" $/pp price set on these, They got 2 colonies in, I bought the larger, not sure who bought the smaller. I paid quite a hefty up front price for the entire colony for the growout, and in the end I believe it came out to about $12 per useable polyp on the colony. I went out of pocket for about 1/3 of the entire colony all said and done.

FishBeard

Thanks George. Has things been planned for the next one?
Once i can find a unique colony for a reasonable price i will get the ball rolling. Its tough right now, zoa/paly collection is trending and all the good stuff is getting picked off as soon as its available (or sooner). Don't want to just spread around a cool polyp that most people already have, or can easily acquire.