ChicagoReefs.com Summer 2012 Palythoa Grow-Out Contest

Funlad3

Technically the contest ends at 11:59 tonight, if you take 3rd place, then you take 3rd place. The "sudden death" is only for whoever is tied at the end of the contest.
All right, that's what I thought. Darn though! :)

I still have five, and I'll repost my final check in video to be safe. Those with five polyps, I'm coming for you!

[video=youtube;oL5aESEd_Vk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL5aESEd_Vk&list=UUxUFpMhH-qgos-qcCUlL7dg&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

Funlad3

Phew! I thought you were a third person with six polyps! You just scared the crap out of me!

George, count me as a "definitely in" for the next contest. Had I done better, I would have sat the next one out, but there's room for improvement. :D

Funlad3

Guess who has a clearly visible mouth today? Yeah. Give me two days, and I'm at six. There's a showdown for first with six polyps, and a showdown for third with five polyps, right?

FishBeard

Unless Dave popped another head today as well (with photo/video proof) then you just took 3rd my friend.... Grats.

(pending you putting up a pic yourself....)

Funlad3

Why not? Not sure if this counts, but here's my picture. The polyp in question is at the bottom of the plug at 6 o' clock. What's the verdict?

DaveWF

I have a vested interest here so take my vote with a grain of salt. If we're talking about the white-ish spot on the mat of the polyp on the left, then I'm saying NO Mouth.

Funlad3

At this point, I agree with you. What're you at? Let's make this showdown dramatic, though it'll be over within 48 hours... :laser:

Funlad3

You want to talk trash on overfeeding? Okay, but you asked for it.

Do you know how much you have to feed nonphotosynthetic gorgonians? Yeah, I have a blueberry that's been loving my phyto, and that's not even counting the fish I have to feed. Softies have been so happy that even my baby BTA split!

So there's my trash talk. Best of luck Dave! :D

Funlad3

Not me either.... I guess zoas don't go on crazy growth sprees when the frag tank goes through it's diatom bloom. Oops! :lol: