Dave's 57g SPS Build (Pic Heavy)

DAS212

Okay, uploaded some pics to my comp, hopefully this works!

Here is one of my Yuma's, He is my personal favorite doing very well, I have one of his offspring on another rock.
View attachment 17734

My garf bonsai and original purple monster frag coming along quite nicely, unfortunately I recently lost my ORA peralberry so If you have a frag let me know!
View attachment 17735

Mr clam from reefwise
View attachment 17736

DAS212

I also want to add that Brian from reefwise was extremely helpful. He lent me a bucket and tubing and even filled a bag with fresh frozen octopus for them to eat.

Reeflogic

Dave those are fricken sweet. Lets see some pics of them cruising your tank! Don't forget eels are slippery little bastages, if they can find a way out they might, so secure it up!!

jklyczek

Are you putting those eels in the reef? I thought they eat like everything including fish/cuc/shrimp....? If they work out I am so getting a pair.

DAS212

Are you putting those eels in the reef? I thought they eat like everything including fish/cuc/shrimp....? If they work out I am so getting a pair.
Yes, this is day 4 of having the eels in the reef. So far no problems but it is obviously to soon to tell for sure. However I do have two cleaner shrimp, one of which hangs out in the same rock area as the biggest eel of the pair. I also have two small clownfish and a royal gramma that are in close proximity to the eels and there have been no signs of aggression. From what I have read online it's not that these eels don't eat these fish, it's just that they are too small to do so. There isn't really a whole lot of information out there about caring for these guys especially a pair but I have been feeding them octopus that chop up. Just put it on the end of a stick used for kabobs.