Dre's 25gal cube of PURO!!!

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Hello everyone!!!

I'm happy to start a new build thread to get out of reef depression here...lol!! Since I can't start my dream tank yet!! Plus my frag tank is getting boring and suffered a real bad algae break out here in AZ. I couldn't set up my RO\DI unit so I was forced to use LFS RO..

So here is a rimless 25gal measuring 18x18x18 with an overflow box.

I will be using selected dry rock out of the 200lbs brought from Chicago when moving here to AZ. Lucky me I still have all my equipment from my old builds.

My method will be mixed reef once again with plenty of fish and my old methods of Reefing. Will be staying away from chemicals and be using carbon & gfo. Along with water changes!

Stay tuned and enjoy

Last edited:

Rich130981

How did you have your old equipment and not setup a tank earlier...lol...I'll walk by an old pump and think that needs a tank

Lil BamBam

Premium member
How did you have your old equipment and not setup a tank earlier...lol...I'll walk by an old pump and think that needs a tank
You have no idea how hard was not to sell or set up!! Lived with my mother-in-law until I got things rolling for my house. So my motivation was directed to very important things in life. But not being able to have visitors and complaints about the light bill. Came real close to toss the towel!!

But my very close friends kept me from falling behind and kept the reef motivation going!!

Lil BamBam

Premium member
super sweet tank man. just get a great skimmer and dose some vinagre.
Thanks!! Yeah, going to have a beast skimmer for sure.. Skimz SM122 as this bad boy has been in my dreams..lol!!

But no vinagre yet or don't plan too. It is an option down the road as it's my favoritism way of carbon dosing.

Last edited:

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Since the footprint is small. I'm limited to landscaping!! But I think I found the two rocks going to be used. The bottom rock is garf rock with holes to come in and out off for fish. This came from a very old members tank that weight 30lbs when wet. This pc will be great!! LMK what you guy's think?

Last edited:
This build is looking slick so far! I love the rimless cube look, can't wait to see this thing filled with water. What are your plans as far as livestock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lil BamBam

Premium member
This build is looking slick so far! I love the rimless cube look, can't wait to see this thing filled with water. What are your plans as far as livestock?

Thanks! Not sure yet, but aiming for community for sure. Kind of like the idea of having a school going but not sure which fish yet.

I love the rock work
Thanks! I can't wait for this weekend

Steve1986

Sweet looking tank DRE ! How did I miss this thread, definitely tagging along. Beautiful houses in the background btw lol

Last edited:

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Swear looking tank DRE ! How did I miss this thread, definitely tagging along. Beautiful houses in the background btw lol
Thanks! Yeah the house's on my block are nice.. Hope to have this baby running very soon.. It's driving me crazy it sitting dry now ?

Its no 180 gallon but looks like a nice little tank.
LMFAO! Soon buddy.. Glad to still see you around. Now send me some clowns here..lol

SkullV

FYI, i used that Behr Paint/Primer to paint all my PVC too. Would look much better if that durso cap sticks above the rim. Drys fast and sticks well.

If you're looking into some schooling fish a group of engineer gobies are a good choice. They look like tiny catfishes haha