Eddie79's 16g Nuvo

Eddie79

Premium member
There is no ammonia as of right now. I got the live rock from an established tank and the water from that same tank. I purchased live sand as well. I started with a small CUC and the emerald crab just to get things going. I only picked up the snowflake clown b/c he was on super sale at the LFS. I don't plan on buying anything for a while.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Ah sorry, didn't realize you got everything from an established tank. In that case, carry on. You probably won't even see a cycle.

There is no ammonia as of right now. I got the live rock from an established tank and the water from that same tank. I purchased live sand as well. I started with a small CUC and the emerald crab just to get things going. I only picked up the snowflake clown b/c he was on super sale at the LFS. I don't plan on buying anything for a while.

Eddie79

Premium member
Still going to hold off for a couple weeks to get the snowflake a mate. After that I will start with some hardy soft coral. I plan on just having the clowns in the tank and some coral.

Eddie79

Premium member
If the top of my sand has a small layer of what looks like slightly darker sand, what is that? Is it alge? Can I clean it? Will my CUC clean it up?

Thanks

tinman

ok to answer this Yes it just debris and dust from the food and stuf ..

you will always see this with a sand bed .. just disturb it a little ( just a little only) when you do a water change. ...

If the top of my sand has a small layer of what looks like slightly darker sand, what is that? Is it alge? Can I clean it? Will my CUC clean it up?

Thanks

Eddie79

Premium member
Quick question. There are little red worm (I guess) all over in my sand. First, are they bad? Second, if they are bad, how do I get rid of them?

tinman

Quick question. There are little red worm (I guess) all over in my sand. First, are they bad? Second, if they are bad, how do I get rid of them?
picture time .. there are too many types so we need a pic to see what they are

Eddie79

Premium member
I'll take one when I get home tonight. very small, maybe a centimeter or two, and deep red, don't move like the worms in my rocks, but I can see them against the glass in the sand on the tank

Herbie

Banned
might be a spaghetti worm. They look like the sarlac from Jedi but it's all one worm. They're good det eaters, but I personally think they can irritate sensitive corals. You got some seriously rich LR there. Might also be bristle worms if they're independent.

DD

"Rambo"
Looks awesome Ed!

I like how you've created gaps in the rock for flow and fish to swim through. Great start so far!