help cho light for 120 g

Unico

hi everyone!I want get mi lights for my tank but it's too hard to choose from them...
I'm thinking about kessil ap700 or ai hydra what you guys think?

GugsJr

TeamCR
hi everyone!I want get mi lights for my tank but it's too hard to choose from them...
I'm thinking about kessil ap700 or ai hydra what you guys think?
2 radions are better then hydra or ap700 in my opinon especially with the diffusers.

If you go on the official sps page on Facebook you'll see that's most what's used.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Unico

2 radions are better then hydra or ap700 in my opinon especially with the diffusers.

If you go on the official sps page on Facebook you'll see that's most what's used.

ok I going to check the site thanks

Unico

one Kessil AP700 is not enough to cover 120g. Better to go with multiple fixtures
mmm in the store that I almost bought one they yo need only one for your tank even you don't have to run the light 100% but you know it's a store ...but yes I'm with you man thanks for the advice guys!

GugsJr

TeamCR
mmm in the store that I almost bought one they yo need only one for your tank even you don't have to run the light 100% but you know it's a store ...but yes I'm with you man thanks for the advice guys!
Unico, you'll need 2 for a 48" 120.

Whether its Radions, AP700 or Hydra 52s

ninjamyst

Premium member
I have one Kessil AP700 over a 48" 75 gallon tank. You maybe able to get away with one for 48" 120g depending on your rockwork and if you are going for mostly LPS.

dvanlier05

Only one light will create a lot of shadowing so it depends on what u want to keep. I run 2 XR15 with wide angle lens on my 120. There were some shadows so I have T5s also to help with that.

madjoe

Premium member
ey man which ones do you have? I di buy one about 3 or 4 years ago and the thing last me for less than 2 years!
The 120w manual dimmer ones the bulbs burn out sometimes i just keep bunch on hand and replace when needed. I bought em used for like 20$ each “not working” i put my custom combo in and they been working great.

Unico

The 120w manual dimmer ones the bulbs burn out sometimes i just keep bunch on hand and replace when needed. I bought em used for like 20$ each “not working” i put my custom combo in and they been working great.
nice bro!I think abel it's going to help me fix that one box that I have!����

ssky

i'll go with a couple of Chinese black boxes. They have come along way in features and quality. Easy on the wallet too. You only need two.

Spartanman22

Where's the tank being kept? Is heat an issue? What are you looking to keep? What's the budget?

My top choices would be either a giesemann MH/T5 fixture or ATI Sunpower or Powermodule.

For LED I would personally go with a Reefbreeders Photon V2 unit. Radions are nice, but IMO to get truly great coverage you'll need several fixtures, and those bad boys ain't cheap!

Those would be my choices, but in my experience you can grow any type of coral/anemone under any of the conventional lighting. No real wrong choice anymore. I kept a big blue gigantea anemone on the sandbed under LED's, have had full blow SPS tanks under MH, T5, and LED. All have their pro's and con's, but all will grow happy healthy coral.

Unico

hi spartan!good question..the tank it's in a little room in the basement so heat its a big issue for sure ! mh and t5 lono good too much heat .. about the budget it was 700 $bu I mess up I bought a setup of ai sol for 300$but my anemones doesn't like them at all !!!