How long have you been in the hobby?

WeePee

1.5 years with a 30 gal lps and softies reef, and now on a brief hiatus until my 75 gal mixed is up and running.

1boatnut

About 5 years..Started with freshwater then moved to salt.
Had 4 salt tanks running,now I am running just 1 125 gal reef

jsteffen

Freshwater for 30 years but saltwater for 3 months. Been involved raising tilipia in 2-500 gallon tanks at school for 18 years.

P.Olsen

21 or so years, started with a 55 and a HOB overflow into a completely undersized filtration system, course substrate and a heavy bio load..... boy did I learn the hard way!!

DanSreef

Premium member
I have had SW and reef bits and parts since the mid 80's...in one shape or form.....with maybe a year or two break somewhere in there...so... 25+ years...I have had FW water on and off my entire life.

My largest tank ever is my current 72 bow front reef....which I have had since April of last year.

One thing I know.... I am always asking questions, sharing ideas.... learning from others...and I will never no it all. I also have seen this hobby evolve amazingly in the last few years.

Lmecher

25 years ago I had my first saltwater tank. Back then, things were much different, had it about a year. Got back in when we remodeled out kitchen with a 14 biocube. It progressed into MTS over the last 6 years. I have just downsized to this original biocube, a 50 on an antique ice box both in my kitchen and a 120 in my living room. Took down the 40 breeder and 15, consolidated all into the 120. Maintenance was beginning to be a chore.

mr_z

Freshwater for 6 months. Saltwater since Jan. 1st 2011 and so far no casualties except for a nasarius snail. So I know I'm doing somthing right. :)

drtooth

It all started about 6 years ago, when my daughter's goldfish jumped out of the tank and didn't respond to CPR. Decided to get a small 12 gal reef and that led to a 29 gal reef and that led to a 120 gal salt. I have had the 120 gal reef plumbed through the floor to the basement with a refugium and sump and 3 other independent assorted (12, 14 and 29 gal). Working on building LED lighting system as we speak. Still in planning, designing stage and will keep updating when I start building it.

:) You don't have to floss all your teeth, just the ones you want to keep!