Jrpark22000 2.2g DeepBlue

jrpark22000

Premium member
The sponge wasn't going to make it in the pico. It continued to bleach out, so I moved it to the main display tank frag rack under medium par and it's already coloring back up. It's currently a blue color...? The Pico and it's dino score again. It appears to be quite happy as a fuzzy rock pico with a CB shrimp.

Last edited:

jrpark22000

Premium member
This tank is going to evolve and grow.
ADA 30cm cube - $90 tank only
Mr. Aqua 12" cube $55 shipped
Deep Blue 12" cube $75 shipped
Pico aquariums 12" cube $90 tank only

The Deep blue has black silicone, so easy choice. I'll order it up this coming weekend. Add a glass-holes.com super delux nano overflow w/ teeth. The tank will be attached to the main 110G display via the same return pump and sump.

Anyone getting ready to have a sunburt BTA split for sale? I'd love a PM.

SkullV

Excellent choice on all fronts. You may even want to consider going with one of the crazy coral collection BTAs if it's going to be a single showpiece.

jrpark22000

Premium member
What's money for in this hobby other than to burn it! Just sent quote requests to Miracles and ReefSavvy for;

Rimless 10”wide 24”long 14”tall, 3/8” glass - starphire 24x14 front and 10x14 left side when facing front, Black silicone
Rimless 10”wide 24”long 14”tall, 3/8” glass - all standard glass, Black silicone

Fingers are crossed the quotes don't hurt too bad.

View attachment 1797

Last edited:

jm23

I found Miracles to be much less than ReefSavvy. The other one I found reasonable was AGE, they use a PVC bottom panel to help strengthen it. GL.

Smith11

you ever see that 12 gallon long mr aqua rimless? i always thought of taking one of those and turning the whole bottom into a zoa garden with like a pair of clowns

jrpark22000

Premium member
I have, at 36" long it's a beast! just not the style and size I'm looking for.

BTW, anyone have a white AI SOL they're looking to get rid of? :creep:

jm23

$750 shipped for the miracles tank. To be fair they said most of the cost is shipping.
Yeah, that doesn't surprise me. I had them price quote me a 10'x4'x2.5" and they came in at 7.5k with shipping and stand if I recall. Coast to coast quoted the same tank around 24k. Custom tanks aren't cheap, but miracles is one of the best if you want to go that route for quality and cost.

P.S. I am not planning on ordering this tank anytime soon, it was just out of curiosity that I got these quotes.

jrpark22000

Premium member
I expected $250-350 but $750!! My 110G miracles was $1550 shipped.

Now I'm looking into 24"x12"x12" or 24"x12"x14"(60mmx30mmx36mm) tanks.
mr.aqua MA-720LI
ADA 60P

jm23

I expected $250-350 but $750!! My 110G miracles was $1550 shipped.

Now I'm looking into 24"x12"x12" or 24"x12"x14"(60mmx30mmx36mm) tanks.
mr.aqua MA-720LI
ADA 60P
Yeah, but you have to think about it in cost of labor and cost to ship, the actual cost of materials is probably not terribly different between the two tanks.

jrpark22000

Premium member
The pico came down today. The CB shrimp is in a holding tank in the DT until the nem tank is up and running. The rock was chucked and most of the gear is cleaned up ready for storage.

The pico was a good test and experiment. The K1 proved itself well. Just over a cup K1 and the few peices of live rock did all the filtering in this tank for over a year. With the 1-1.5 cups WC daily, the nitrates and po4 were essentially zero in the tank. The CB was feed 2-5 spectrum pellets daily.

Time for the next tank. http://www.chicagoreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?19874-Jrpark22000-Nem-tank

jrpark22000

Premium member
Setting this little guy back up for the expo to have on the table. I forgot how much engineering I had into it as well as how much I loved it. Too bad dino killed it.

Some photos of the equipment that I never documented previously. The media basket is from "intank" and has been seriously modified to fit the heater and to tumble the K1. I'll get some photos of it form the expo and post them later.

View attachment 13369

View attachment 13370

View attachment 13371

View attachment 13372

View attachment 13373

View attachment 13374

tinman

I'll frag some of the sps, lps and other stuff from my DT. Not sure which yet, will wait until I start fragging to see what fits.
lol knowing the size of what you call frags :p "nothing" will fit hahah

why not do a Ric/mushroom heaven ;)

jrpark22000

Premium member
lol knowing the size of what you call frags :p "nothing" will fit hahah
why not do a Ric/mushroom heaven ;)
I don't have many. The ones I do have in the DT I usually rip out with tweezers. Just can't kill them all...

I'm going to take the pico back down after the show, so no need to go buy livestock for it. Just no room for the pico now that the nem tank has taken it's spot.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Putting the video from the Aquatic Expereince thread here too. Love this little tank, to bad it's far too complex to run without a lot of work. The tank is going back into storage until the next time I can pull it out for a show.

[video=youtube;-cRKme1T20I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cRKme1T20I[/video]