Looking for a few more team members

Loki047

I had a friend who lived with me during her boards and (1/4 of her) residence - that is tough. Good luck! Are you at ICO?

rattyE36

I would also be more than willing to help. I'm not sure what it is but I like this forum a lot and would love to see and or help it grow. I have a small amount of marketing/advertising experience if that would come into play for the project at hand.

Greg

This is coming from just me, not moderators.

PLEASE NOTE: There is nothing wrong with just stopping by to view threads and chat a bit. It is perfectly fine using other forums and just coming here during some free downtime. This post is only for people who wish to truely dedicate the time and effort to help CR succeed.

If you truely would like nothing more than to see ChicagoReefs grow, it is up to us as individuals to take the initiative. I know some people would just like the title 'moderator' and be in 'charge', but if you only care about ChicagoReefs growth, now is the time to start. Not once you are already a team member. We need people who are fine with donating time and effort without ever getting anything in return. That is the sign of someone who really wants this forum to succeed. The end result is the large friendly community we will create, which I believe is the greatest reward I could ask for.

Right now we need more new threads per day. Many people have tons of posts, but these are mostly replies to existing threads.

Here are just some ways in which you can contribute to making CR the best it can possibly be:

1) Make it a personal goal to create one new topic every day(or every 2-3). It can be about anything. A question, an experience, a fact, ect. Even with a little time in the hobby there are tons of topics to talk about. Even if noone responds to it, it will still be there for others to see. I know it may not be easy to think of something; that's where the effort part comes in!

2) Promote the site to friends. If you are doing a transaction with someone from a different forum, just ask if theyve heard of CR. Find creative ways of spreading the word (email instead of pm) without getting yourself banned from other forums (if you want to stay). I create craigslists posts that inform people about the forum as well as create ReefCentral accounts just to spread the word for 40min or so. Make it a goal to get some refferals, even though there is no bonus and over 75% of the time the people who you get to the site will not put you down as referrer.

3) Dont double post the same topic in other competitive forums. FS threads are understandable, because you want a buyer faster. However if you only post the topic/question here, we now have information (and traffic) that other forums do not have. The more traffic we have, the more people will make the switch.

4) Only use other competitive forums for communication with friends and to buy items for sale. Do not make any posts at all, communicate only through pms. The less posts on other forums, the more likely people are to come here.

5) Just do a little more than you are doing now. Even if its one extra post per week to say: 'Nice tank!' Put forth the effort each day to do a little more.

6) Even if you are well known on other forums and have been here a while, post an introduction thread! I bet people would like to know a little about you!

If you have any other methods you use to help this site feel free to share.
It only takes a small group of individuals to make or break a site. We need our best members to step up and show that they have made their choice and back it fully.

We need more people to attempt getting one new thread per day as a personal goal. I for one am starting today.

Regardless of what a select few say, CR will take over. Every day we get stronger and stronger and closer to the day when there will only be one reefing forum for Chicagoland.

Thank you for your time. :beer:

SaylorsReef

This is coming from just me, not moderators.

PLEASE NOTE: There is nothing wrong with just stopping by to view threads and chat a bit. It is perfectly fine using other forums and just coming here during some free downtime. This post is only for people who wish to truely dedicate the time and effort to help CR succeed.

If you truely would like nothing more than to see ChicagoReefs grow, it is up to us as individuals to take the initiative. I know some people would just like the title 'moderator' and be in 'charge', but if you only care about ChicagoReefs growth, now is the time to start. Not once you are already a team member. We need people who are fine with donating time and effort without ever getting anything in return. That is the sign of someone who really wants this forum to succeed. The end result is the large friendly community we will create, which I believe is the greatest reward I could ask for.

Right now we need more new threads per day. Many people have tons of posts, but these are mostly replies to existing threads.

Here are just some ways in which you can contribute to making CR the best it can possibly be:

1) Make it a personal goal to create one new topic every day(or every 2-3). It can be about anything. A question, an experience, a fact, ect. Even with a little time in the hobby there are tons of topics to talk about. Even if noone responds to it, it will still be there for others to see. I know it may not be easy to think of something; that's where the effort part comes in!

2) Promote the site to friends. If you are doing a transaction with someone from a different forum, just ask if theyve heard of CR. Find creative ways of spreading the word (email instead of pm) without getting yourself banned from other forums (if you want to stay). I create craigslists posts that inform people about the forum as well as create ReefCentral accounts just to spread the word for 40min or so. Make it a goal to get some refferals, even though there is no bonus and over 75% of the time the people who you get to the site will not put you down as referrer.

3) Dont double post the same topic in other competitive forums. FS threads are understandable, because you want a buyer faster. However if you only post the topic/question here, we now have information (and traffic) that other forums do not have. The more traffic we have, the more people will make the switch.

4) Only use other competitive forums for communication with friends and to buy items for sale. Do not make any posts at all, communicate only through pms. The less posts on other forums, the more likely people are to come here.

5) Just do a little more than you are doing now. Even if its one extra post per week to say: 'Nice tank!' Put forth the effort each day to do a little more.

6) Even if you are well known on other forums and have been here a while, post an introduction thread! I bet people would like to know a little about you!

If you have any other methods you use to help this site feel free to share.
It only takes a small group of individuals to make or break a site. We need our best members to step up and show that they have made their choice and back it fully.

We need more people to attempt getting one new thread per day as a personal goal. I for one am starting today.

Regardless of what a select few say, CR will take over. Every day we get stronger and stronger and closer to the day when there will only be one reefing forum for Chicagoland.

Thank you for your time. :beer:
While I love your enthusiasm Greg, I am not in favor of intentionally causing trouble for ReefCentral or any other forum. Creating multiple accounts to spread the word is just going to make ChicagoReefs look bad IMO. We don’t need to break rules to be successful.

I am also not in favor of discouraging the use of other forums. However, I do agree 100% with spreading the word and having more information available to our members. In time, people may feel that CR is all they need. :rock:

I for one am in favor of a few Chicago Reef events. Perhaps we could find a LFS or two that would love to host us for an evening.

ColaAddict

+1 on the LFS events.
So are you guys looking for another moderator, or are we doing a spread the word project?