my new venture discus well eventually

madjoe

Premium member
So kinda bored with salt hobby decided to make frag tank a discus tank thanks to chewal i got my drift wood. And i built my temp controller also tank little cloudy but i just added wood yesterday .still no fish. Time to find a new home on discus forum.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Chewal is good people!! Known him for years when I was doing Discus.. Tank looks great!! Any idea on what type you want?

Simplydiscus.com is one I liked allot! There was another one but I can't remember the website

Last edited:

madjoe

Premium member
Chewal is good people!! Known him for years when I was doing Discus.. Tank looks great!! Any idea on what type you want?
Yea perty ones lol. I like marblo reds and blue diamonds and leopards so idk what ever i find i guess. My guesa b i get bunch small ones then have to get a bigger tank lol

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Yea perty ones lol. I like marblo reds and blue diamonds and leopards so idk what ever i find i guess. My guesa b i get bunch small ones then have to get a bigger tank lol
Yeah, you will fall in love fast!!! My Red turq was a dinner plate size and lived for 9yrs.. I think the leopards are awesome and pigeons are super nice if they don't develop black pepper..lol!!

madjoe

Premium member
Yeah, you will fall in love fast!!! My Red turq was a dinner plate size and lived for 9yrs.. I think the leopards are awesome and pigeons are super nice if they don't develop black pepper..lol!!
Yea love the colors for sure gonna do planted tank too but chewal says only get certain plant cause tempbis crazy high. Also gotta either get differnt t5 bulds or redo my led for planted

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Yeah, stay away from using CO2... I seen tanks with them and the discus look weird! But your choice..

My 125 had 22 discus and was crazy! Just a few pictures just to tease

cet98

wow.....the plants looks so "realistic"......all you need is a nice printed background of the Dells for the back panel and your money..... ;)

madjoe

Premium member
wow.....the plants looks so "realistic"......all you need is a nice printed background of the Dells for the back panel and your money..... ;)
How bout i kick u in balls and use your avatar as back ground then it be like the jungle. Jerk lol. Real plants soon the ones that dont need co2

MikeyB

Lookin' good Joe! I love discus, thats what i had before i made the switch to saltwater. I still miss them sometimes

Lil BamBam

Premium member
I texted him going tomorrow probably to grab some
Try to stay away from anything smaller than 2.5".. Also don't get ones that look like a football or the eye looks big for it's size of body. Make sure they don't look skinny and have a nice belly. I know this is crazy but look for any white stringy poop = don't buy!! That will give you problems!! I think it's called "Hex but it's some type of worm " but not sure

Stay away from dark backgrounds!!

Wait until you see Carnation Pigeons

Last edited: