my new venture discus well eventually

madjoe

Premium member
Try to stay away from anything smaller than 2.5".. Also don't get ones that look like a football or the eye looks big for it's size of body. Make sure they don't look skinny and have a nice belly. I know this is crazy but look for any white stringy poop = don't buy!! That will give you problems!! I think it's called "Hex but it's some type of worm " but not sure

Stay away from dark backgrounds!!
Cant help dark back ground lol its joses old 40b so its painted black. Im sure these r fry but they r tank breed and raised so def should have less issues im ok with challenges ofbuying smaller. Plus i gotz chewal and u that i can call sucka's lol

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Cant help dark back ground lol its joses old 40b so its painted black. Im sure these r fry but they r tank breed and raised so def should have less issues im ok with challenges ofbuying smaller. Plus i gotz chewal and u that i can call sucka's lol
You will soon learn regardless if tank breed you will have issues! Talk to Chewal 1st as he might have a better connection or point you to the right breeder. Since it's dark already you might want to stay away from Pigeons as they will develop black pepper on their body.. Just my .02 cents

You can always call me buddy :encouragement:

madjoe

Premium member
You will soon learn regardless if tank breed you will have issues! Talk to Chewal 1st as he might have a better connection or point you to the right breeder. Since it's dark already you might want to stay away from Pigeons as they will develop black pepper on their body.. Just my .02 cents

You can always call me buddy :encouragement:
Yea i did lots of reasearch last yr on these believe it or not this isnt something i just jumped into . I just decided to pull trigger finally. Like every hobby sick fish come with the territory i will check there shape and eyes and belly. I want ti keep this a fun tank as so many people took the fun out of reefing. I appreciate the advise . Half the fun is the learning i dont exspect to get it right the first time but thats the fun part if u could just set up a tank with water and thriw some in there be no point to being in hobby. As for peppering i read about it and they still look cool with the black spots imo. Im not trying to breed just have a cool little tank

madjoe

Premium member
Just picked up 7 juvies parents were wicked looking all fish looked healthy no footballs or bug eyed cant wait till they color

madjoe

Premium member
WOW !!! Yeah I love Discus and considered it for a moment.....I love Dwarf Honey Gourami's and huge schools of Neon's in there with my Discus....Joe were you planning on housing other fish with your Discus ?
I just have 4tetras that were my test subjects

madjoe

Premium member
Very cool jeni u still have these or no. I have to finish aquascapeing gonna get some anubuias plants give tank some color

Pufferpunk

I had them for about 3 years. Even with 35 years fishkeeping under my belt, I watched each one slowly wither away & die... I hope you have better luck than me.
I'll never keep discus again.

madjoe

Premium member
Changed scape alittle added some rocks. The discus r doing good ate bloodworms today. Also got my marineland 350 biowheel in today and set up

Last edited: